The JBL Compact Connect is an easy-to-use application for tablets and mobile devices that is designed to offer complete control of up to four JBL EON ONE Compact PA speakers at a time. Featuring Bluetooth audio control, the application gives you free reign over all of the EON ONE Compact’s setting and capabilities. From controlling the speaker’s four-channel digital mixer, to adjusting effects, saving and recalling presets and much more, JBL Compact Connect allows you to easily tailor your speaker to fit your application. Plus, JBL Compact Connect directly links to the speaker’s hardware, so any change you make from the application will reflect on your EON ONE Compact’s LED indicators, including volume levels. In addition to dialing in the perfect sound, the JBL Compact Connect application allows you to update each speaker’s firmware.
• Easy-to-use mixer interface for complete mixer control and added mixing capabilities
• Digital channel faders for adjusting volume levels simply and quickly
• Adjustable Lexicon effects for enhancing your audio
• Adjustable 8-band EQ for master output and each channel to fine tune your sound
• Synchronize and stream music to up to four EON ONE Compact units with full control over each speaker
• Software control changes are intelligently reflected on speaker’s hardware
• Customizable ducking functionality lowers background music levels when speech is detected
• Easily save your ideal sound settings and recall them at anytime
• Update firmware for all connected EON ONE Compact units
• Fix for EQ boost issue when band width is set to maximum.
• Improvements in Audio playback while in BT Broadcast mode
• Bug fixes
Note: All fixes work only with speakers having firmware version 5.1.4.
Ratings and Reviews
Here how to improve this app
The Eon Compact is a decent price of gear, and kudos to JBL for including phantom peer so you can use a wide pickup condenser mic, which is currently popular with small acoustic groups.
That said, there is so much left to be desired in this mixer app. It’s as if whoever made this app is never seen any digital mixer before. Very rudimentary!
For one, the channel eq and output eq screens should be expandable to full screen. Trying to manipulate the EQ buttons on half a screen is tedious at best. Secondly, an RTA that would help find bumps for pulling out feedback would be helpful. Third, the effects and reverbs sound like crap - basically unusable. Some good presets would be nice.
The ability to turn the phone vertically and get a single input channel with real demarcation of a channel strip would make it easier to get the level you want.
Get any 6 users in a focus group and you could improve this immensely. I hope you do, because the controls on the hardware themselves are pretty minimal and for better or worse that’s what you have to use.
These speakers are awesome but the app to control them is clunky... obviously NOT developed by a professional sound person (or at least OPERATED by a professional sound person or they would have fixed this basic problem before release!)
There are plenty of features but the resolution of the volume sliders is horrible so if you are trying to adjust the volume just a slight touch will move them up or down by several db... quite awkward when trying to control a live performance.
I even tried loading the app on my iPad thinking I would have more range of movement on the sliders but no luck... if they could improve the resolution of the volume controls this app would rock.
This isn’t a Behringer 32 mixer but there’s no reason the app can’t work like their app does!
Yes I agree switching between multiple speakers is a bit clunky but once you get the hang of it it’s workable... and there are nice eq features and FX features... just fix the sliders!!!
App needs some work
Speaker is great. The app needs some real work. I have 2 EON ONE COMPACTS and only one of them connects to the App. Not sure how to get the other one to connect but man it needs some work. Also, the one thing about these speaker is the Bluetooth loses connection or speeds up the music when connected. It’s weird sometimes I have to connect my IPhone to the aux input so I don’t have any issues. Please advise.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harman Professional, Inc.
- 41 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019, Harman International