The JBL Compact Connect is an easy-to-use application for tablets and mobile devices that is designed to offer complete control of up to four JBL EON ONE Compact PA speakers at a time. Featuring Bluetooth audio control, the application gives you free reign over all of the EON ONE Compact’s setting and capabilities. From controlling the speaker’s four-channel digital mixer, to adjusting effects, saving and recalling presets and much more, JBL Compact Connect allows you to easily tailor your speaker to fit your application. Plus, JBL Compact Connect directly links to the speaker’s hardware, so any change you make from the application will reflect on your EON ONE Compact’s LED indicators, including volume levels. In addition to dialing in the perfect sound, the JBL Compact Connect application allows you to update each speaker’s firmware.
• Easy-to-use mixer interface for complete mixer control and added mixing capabilities
• Digital channel faders for adjusting volume levels simply and quickly
• Adjustable Lexicon effects for enhancing your audio
• Adjustable 8-band EQ for master output and each channel to fine tune your sound
• Synchronize and stream music to up to four EON ONE Compact units with full control over each speaker
• Software control changes are intelligently reflected on speaker’s hardware
• Customizable ducking functionality lowers background music levels when speech is detected
• Easily save your ideal sound settings and recall them at anytime
• Update firmware for all connected EON ONE Compact units
• Fix for EQ boost issue when band width is set to maximum.
• Improvements in Audio playback while in BT Broadcast mode
• Bug fixes
Note: All fixes work only with speakers having firmware version 5.1.4.
Ratings and Reviews
These speakers are awesome but the app to control them is clunky... obviously NOT developed by a professional sound person (or at least OPERATED by a professional sound person or they would have fixed this basic problem before release!)
There are plenty of features but the resolution of the volume sliders is horrible so if you are trying to adjust the volume just a slight touch will move them up or down by several db... quite awkward when trying to control a live performance.
I even tried loading the app on my iPad thinking I would have more range of movement on the sliders but no luck... if they could improve the resolution of the volume controls this app would rock.
This isn’t a Behringer 32 mixer but there’s no reason the app can’t work like their app does!
Yes I agree switching between multiple speakers is a bit clunky but once you get the hang of it it’s workable... and there are nice eq features and FX features... just fix the sliders!!!
So very disappointed
Spent over a thousand dollars on a professional pair of JBL speakers to use for wedding ceremony music and cocktail hours. I was excited to hear these speakers in action. I am using them for “professional” entertainment and have been in the biz 39 years. I can’t afford mis-fires. This app is really non-functional. Just like so many other reviews…the app stopped working after a few minutes!!
What do I do JBL/HK? Seriously…what is my next move?…I have a gig this weekend and it’s Tuesday!
Obviously, I will experiment with running a cable, but one of the selling points was being able to stream to the speakers.
My 14 year old sons waterproof Bluetooth speaker is more reliable and works great streaming :-)
App is unusable
Received a pair of Eon Compacts yesterday. App worked for several seconds (Bluetooth mixer) and no longer loads on either my iPhone or iPad Pro. The option to locate and connect to speakers is no longer visible, although both speakers are on and ready. Bluetooth music streaming to one speaker seems to work although it is of poor quality audio with many audio dropouts from both my iPhone and iPad several feet away. Several hours of troubleshooting and research have yielded no results. Fix this app ASAP, as this battery powered speaker does have potential in remote pro audio applications in groups of two or four, but the app is trash.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harman Professional, Inc.
- 41 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019, Harman International
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.