Photometric analysis and diagnosis of the water values with your smartphone.
*** FOR THE USE OF THIS APP YOU NEED THE JBL PROSCAN SET WITH THE ENCLOSED PROSCAN COLORCARD ***
• Fast readings, precise analysis, innovative technology which has never been seen in this form before: JBL PROSCAN.
• Parallel analysis of the most important water values in your aquarium and garden pond using your smartphone, the JBL PROSCAN app and our innovative colour detection technology.
• With diagnosis and recommendations for action in this app.
• MY ANALYSES to compare your last five measurements with own my JBL account.
Here’s how it works:
Start the app and enjoy its fast reading, precise analysis and innovative technology which has never been seen in this form before for the analysis of water values.
Use the enclosed specially calibrated JBL PROSCAN ColorCard and follow the instructions in the app. You can manage your aquariums and ponds under MY ANALYSES and you can save and compare the measured values using the history function. Now you can access this data from all over the world even without smartphone with the help of your myJBL account. Under QUICKSCAN you can carry out a quick test. The following water types are available for you in the app: “Aquarium Freshwater”, “Garden Pond” and “Water”. When you select “Aquarium Freshwater” and “Water”, the app will also use the measured pH and KH values to calculate the current CO2 content in the water, as an added bonus.
Depending on the analysis result of „Aquarium Freshwater“ and „Garden Pond“, you will receive individualized recommendations telling you which JBL products will help you to set the ideal/optimal water values. With “Water” you will get a simple summary of the results without an evaluation of your water sample.
• Scan the analysis strips with the ColorCard in bright daylight or artificial light. Avoid direct sunlight.
• Always scan the analysis strips as precisely as possible after the expiration of the displayed time. A later or premature scanning can lead to distorted results, since the colour fields on the strips darken over time.
• When connected to the internet additional access fees may apply, depending on your provider.
• For a correct scanning of the ColorCard the camera of the smartphone needs to have an auto focus function. Smartphones with fixed focus will not be supported.
In case of questions or problems please take first a look at our frequently asked questions (FAQs) section on the JBL homepage with numerous tips and aids: https://www.jbl.de/de/aquaristik-suesswasser-produkte/detail/6774/jbl-proscan#faq
iOS 14 bug fix crash issues solved
Ratings and Reviews
Very good and useful
I download this program and use it with a jbl proscan strip on color card, results was so helpful. I proud to use jbl products.
Thanks jbl company.
The app struggles to do a screen capture and complains about test strip alignment even when alignment is perfect. Eventually it grabs the image but by then elapsed time makes the test result error prone.
Taking repeated tests in succession the results of NO3, NO2, pH, Chlorine and CO2 all differed from each other and none matched the water chemistry analysis using reagents and test tubes. Using this app on average it skews pH about 0.2 too low and NO2 results are over-reading.
As a consequence I don't have confidence in trusting test results for other parameters from this app and using them as a basis for adjusting tank practice.
Developer Response ,
please note that the analysis strips will continue to react. Thus a strip can only be scanned once. A repeated scan would lead to different values, because they change dramatically after 70+ seconds. However the fluctuations can also indicate an incorrect reading caused by shadows/reflections. It is best to carry out the test near a window with bright light and using a sheet of white paper as a matt non-reflecting base. Direct light from above casts shadows or reflections which can affect the colour rendering. The ColorCard should be uniformly illuminated. Please remember to ALWAYS shake the water sideways off the analysis strip. “Puddles” can cause the colour fields to react with each other and to produce reflections. Please always approach your smartphone vertically to the ColorCard. For further help we need your UUID, lot from the stripes and your ticket here: www.jbl.de/support
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- JBL GmbH & Co. KG
- 43.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 JBL GmbH & Co. KG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.