Jellow Communicator is a friendly Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) system that uses icons/images to enable speech. This freely downloadable app can be used for communication by those learning to speak or those having difficulty with speech. Jellow can also be used by toddlers and early learners to learn words and categories frequently used in their daily lives. Jellow’s colorful and friendly icons can help children develop an association between pictures and their corresponding word labels.
By Using Make My Board(My Boards), you can add or edit your own customized icons and their expressive text.
Jellow has a simple, visually appealing, and easy-to-learn interface consisting central 'category' buttons and 'expressive' side buttons. The content of the app is organized into basic category buttons that make it easy for the user to access and find desired icons. The user can make the app speak out sentences by simply clicking on any of the category buttons followed by any of the expressive buttons.
Jellow has around 1000 icons and over 10,000 lines of pre-programmed text. In addition, using the 'keyboard' feature, the user can also generate new sentences and use the app to speak them out aloud. The app allows the user to choose from multiple accents American, British, Australia and South Africa.
Jellow is developed at the IDC School of Design at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) located in Mumbai. The application is still under development. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please submit your feedback/comments via email at email@example.com.
For further information on Jellow and FAQs, please visit www.jellow.org/
1. Users can create unlimited custom boards and add their icons or choose from an existing library. Tap the dark circular "+" icon on the right top to create your own board.
2. The user will receive language changes on the fly.
3. Users can search for an icon in all languages using its English name. eg. to search a "Mango" in-app choose any non-English language. Then tap the search icon then type "mango".
4. Added compatibility for iOS 17.
5. Minor bug fixes and improvements
6. New Marathi Language TTS Added With Custom Keyboard.
7. New users can Download Applications on There all M Series Devices.
8. New Tamil Language Added With Custom Keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing App, kudos to all team members and founder. This gave voice to our child
Seems like a nice app for non verbal kids to talk in Hindi.
Really appreciate the developers for efforts. God bless.
Downloaded app and can’t get through the registration page. Seems to be some issue with the orientation/set-up. In one area I choose “USA”, then something pops up asking for “country code”, but there is no where to put a code of any kind. I deleted the app, but would like to try to download again when the kinks are worked out. App sounds promising.
Developer Response ,
You can tap the red button with a "+" mark on it. It is located to the left of the mobile number section. This will open up a dialog with a list of countries then choose your country to get the country code. Fill the rest of the details and tap on "Register" button.
We hope the above information will help you. If you still having difficulty kindly email us on "firstname.lastname@example.org", we will definitely help you. If your difficulty is resolved, kindly consider to review your rating.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ravi Poovaiah
- 154.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Bengali, French, German, Hindi, Marathi, Spanish, Tamil
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) NINAAD DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY PRIVATE LIMITED. All rights reserved.