Jerry the Bear is a best friend for children with type 1 diabetes.
By taking care of Jerry, this app enables children to gain hands-on experience with diabetes management through play! Kids can feed Jerry foods, administer insulin using a pen or a pump, and check Jerry’s blood sugar.
Jerry the Bear provides comfort and education in a safe environment by focusing on Jerry's simulated diabetes.
• Practice diabetes basics by caring for Jerry.
• Check Jerry's blood sugar with a glucometer, test strips, and lancet.
• Prepare Jerry's insulin pen and dial a dose of insulin.
• Activate Jerry's infusion site to use the insulin pump.
• Jerry's Kitchen! Explore carb values in a variety of foods in the pantry and prepare a plate of food for the hungry bear!
• Learn about the effect of carbohydrates and insulin on Jerry's body.
• Jerry's Stories! Follow along as Jerry learns new sports and activities to compete in the All Star Games with 21 animated storybooks.
• Tasks with Navi. Check in with Navi, Jerry's trainer, to unlock Jerry's stories by completing a set of tasks to help take care of Jerry's diabetes!
Sproutel is a patient-centered research and development company focused on kids' health. This app is the latest in diabetes education technology, based on our original, award-winning Jerry the Bear and over 5 years of research, development, and testing with the incredible type 1 community! Learn more about us at www.sproutel.com.
Jerry the Bear is a free app to help children about their type 1 diabetes. To enhance play and learning, this app can be used with a companion stuffed animal available at www.jerrythebear.com.
Say hello to Cori the Mailbox! Cori delivers virtual mail from the character's you meet in Jerry's Stories! As you progress through the storybooks and play in Jerry's World, you might receive some letters from George the Shark, Momo the Monkey, and more of Jerry's friends.
This update fixes some minor bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Taught my 5 year old about T1D
I don’t have the actual toy, but I downloaded this just to try it out. My 8 year old (who has T1D) and her 5 year old brother love Jerry! I like how open ended the game is. The 5 year old feeds Jerry and gives him insulin, and tries to predict what symptoms he will have and if he will be high or low. The 8 year old likes doing that, and also working through the more structured part, the goals for the day and Jerry’s journal. The game is pretty slow paced, but it is perfect for kids to explore a tough subject at their own pace. Thank you for making it free for those that can’t afford the bear! 😊
Love this game
I downloaded this game for my little brother, who is a type 1, but ever since the new update makes it so that he can’t view the stories. When they’re clicked on it just goes to a black screen.
There is a bug
So I was playing, and I clicked on the house to feed jerry, and it opens the magnified glass and I tried around like 10 times and then it worked. I love this game but please fix it, if you see this hello!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.