Jetpack for WordPress
Put the power of web publishing in your pocket. Jetpack is a website creator and so much more!
Give your big ideas a home on the web. Jetpack for iOS is a website builder and a blog maker powered by WordPress. Use it to create your website.
Pick the right look and feel from a wide selection of WordPress themes, then customize with photos, colors, and fonts so it’s uniquely you.
Built-in Quick Start tips guide you through the setup basics to set your new website up for success. (We’re not just a website creator — we’re your partner and cheering squad!)
ANALYTICS & INSIGHTS
Check your website’s stats in real time to keep track of the activity on your site.
Track which posts and pages get the most traffic over time by exploring daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly insights.
Use the traffic map to see which countries your visitors come from.
Get notifications about comments, likes, and new followers so you can see people reacting to your website as it happens.
Reply to new comments as they show up to keep the conversation flowing and acknowledge your readers.
Create updates, stories, photo essays announcements — anything! — with the editor.
Bring your posts and pages to life with photos and video from your camera and albums, or find the perfect image with the in-app collection of free-to-use pro photography.
Save ideas as drafts and come back to them when your muse returns, or schedule new posts for the future so your site is always fresh and engaging.
Add tags and categories to help new readers discover your posts, and watch your audience grow.
SECURITY & PERFORMANCE TOOLS
Restore your site from anywhere if something goes wrong.
Scan for threats and resolve them with a tap.
Keep tabs on site activity to see who changed what and when.
Jetpack is more than a blog maker — use it to connect with a community of writers in the WordPress.com Reader. Explore thousands of topics by tag, discover new authors and organizations, and follow the ones who pique your interest.
Hang on to the posts that fascinate you with the Save for later feature.
Set up automated sharing to tell your followers on social media when you publish a new post. Automatically cross-post to Facebook, Twitter, and more.
Add social sharing buttons to your posts so your visitors can share them with their network, and let your fans become your ambassadors.
Learn more at https://jetpack.com/mobile
California users privacy notice: https://automattic.com/privacy/#california-consumer-privacy-act-ccpa
Buckle up, this update’s a doozy.
First off, we added the All Domains screen so you can manage all your domains in one place within the app. There’s no place like home.
Next, we made updates to Site Media.
- The Site Media screen design has better menus, file selection and sharing, and more. It even runs faster—no more jerky GIFs or stalled-out videos.
- You can use the pan gesture to select multiple media files at once. It’s also easier to swipe from one photo to another, change metadata, and delete items.
- On iPad, you can switch between square image previews and aspect ratio.
- We fixed issues with blank placeholder images, incorrect messages, document sharing, and occasional crashes.
We’re not done yet. We also made big changes to Posts & Pages.
- The Posts & Pages screen got a facelift with clean, simple display options.
- Use more advanced search features, like author and tag filters, to find the content you’d like to edit. Search also works across all authors (unless, of course, you want content from one specific person.)
- Use swipe actions to view, share, or delete posts and pages. Sweet.
- The context menu now lets you access comments, settings, and other actions for a post or page.
- We fixed issues with page refreshes and visibility, as well as a handful of crashes.
Finally, we fixed a handful of pesky problems across the app.
- The app now recognizes when you’ve finished uploading a GIF. (monty-burns-excellent.gif)
- “Hidden” posts now have a better description for their privacy status.
- The reader now scrolls to the top when you tap the status bar. Up, up, and away.
- The Menus screen properly creates menu items based on top-level pages.
- We fixed a block editor crash related to using text colors in older site themes.
- You shouldn’t run into any errors when you paste deeply nested content in the block editor. Much like onions, ogres, cakes, or parfaits, your content can have many layers.
Ratings and Reviews
A great app, totally free that allowed me to start and grow my blog
I have always wanted to have a dance blog like Destination: Dance! (you should check it out lol) and jet pack helped me to create and grow this new blog of mine. Though a bit confusing at first, it is very easy to use. Once you figure out the difference between posts and pages. Jet pack is an amazing app and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
So bad, I’ll spend my time writing a review
I’ve used lots of apps, good and bad, and almost NEVER have I taken the time to write a review. I’m doing so now because Jetpack is such a frustrating downgrade from the old WordPress app that my frustration and disappointment have built to such a point that I can’t hold back.
There is such a prolonged lag when trying to compose a new post on the Jetpack app that it’s virtually unusable. I used to post to my site weekly; now I post maybe once every 3 months because the experience of trying to compose a post is so awful. Initially, I figured it was a bug that would get worked out - but no. I just abandoned another post because the compose function has less functionality than a 20-year-old version of Word Perfect.
Seriously, seriously disappointed.
Developer Response ,
Hi! We'd be happy to help troubleshoot your issues with the Jetpack app if you'll please reach out to us from the app's Me (your profile picture) > Help & Support > Contact Support or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can go back to the WordPress app, but we advise that you uninstall the Jetpack app to avoid data conflicts.
Opens links from iMessage in the app instead of browser
I'm not sure what happened, but the latest update broke the ability for me to clink on a link I've sent to someone in iMessage to open in a browser window. It now opens the JetPack app and I can't disable this. I'm not pleased with this, it's inconvenient because I'm trying to double check a link I've sent someone. How do I get this behavior to stop? I want all my links in iMesssge to open with a browser instead of the app.
Things shouldn't break with updates. It didn't happen previous to the update, whether the functionality is part of the OS or not. This is on iPadOS. It doesn't do it on my iPhone. I deleted the app which fixed the issue. Now all my links open in Safari as they should. This was the only app it was happening with.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. The feature you are referring to, where you can open a link in an iOS app or browser, is an iOS feature called Universal Links. This feature is implemented by many apps (Facebook, Amazon, etc.). If you want to open those links in a browser instead of the app, you can long-press the link, presenting you with the "Open in Jetpack" and "Open in Safari" options. Then, you can tap the "Open in Safari" option. By doing that, the iOS system remembers your choice. The next time you tap such links, the link will open in Safari automatically. You can switch back to opening in the app by repeating the same steps with the "Open in Jetpack" option. As I mentioned before, this is an iOS feature, which means it's not limited to Jetpack, and you can do the same on links from Facebook, Amazon, etc.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automattic, Inc.
- 242.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Automattic Inc.