With this app you are able to remotely control your Mac from anywhere in your apartment. (Wi-Fi required)
Switch it off from the bedroom, turn up the volume from the kitchen, control a full keynote presentation or just start a video sitting on the couch in front of your Mac Mini that is connected to your HDTV.
No hassling around with IP addresses, nothing to config, just install the free helper application on your Mac and it just works. Thank you bonjour.
Even older macOS versions (with Front Row) are supported, just make sure your Mac is running at least OS X 10.4.
• Turn off up to 5 Macs with only one button press.
• Control iTunes, Finder, Safari, Plex, Front Row, Boxee, Keynote, Power Point, QT Player, VLC, MPlayer, Eye TV, DVD Player and more.
• Change the system volume, start any application, send your Mac to sleep/shut it down or just lock the screen by pressing a button.
• Includes a num pad and a tool for copy/paste/undo/redo work.
• Uses WiFi. No line-of-sight to your Mac needed.
How does it work?
You have to install a free helper application on your Mac. (Yes your Mac, Windows is not supported) Download it from http://www.digitalsirup.com
To make sure the connection will work and everything is fine, please try the free jfControl Lite before purchasing the full version: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id299149077
Updated for all the new screen sizes and iOS versions.
Added in-app help that covers the most common problems.
Merged the text pad and the copy paste pad into a new layout that is called "tools".
Removed the iTunes controls from the system layout, unfortunately on newer macOS versions this does no longer work without updating the macOS helper application.
Many design and layout improvements. Can now be used in landscape mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app; works with EyeTV! DEVELOPER SUGGESTIONS
Initially did not work. After disabling the "off-helper" server app for "off" it worked. Re-enabled "Off-helper" and toggled the firewall on and off and it works with both firewall and Off-Helper enabled.
Very functional app but the button layout could use some work.
I love that it works with eyeTV, solves a big problem for me.
1) Check out a potential conflict with the "Off-Helper" server program?
2) Think about button layout! Why in iTunes is there a separate play and pause button? Why not toggle? Why are the play, pause, and prev/next track buttons so small and cramped together and on the same row while the navigation arrows are huge and colored? Use some of the space there for some separation of buttons!
3) UI is a little clunky: Hit "mute" on eyeTV and the icon remains unchanged (that is, you can't tell if "mute" is on or off by looking at the control screen' usually when mute is "on" one would expect to see a red slash through the mute icon …). The mute button should give enough feedback that the user can tell if it's been pressed (this is especially important as there are so many different ways to control volume … Through eyeTV app, though the home stereo, through the main volume control on the Mac .. It can sometimes take much trial and error to determine what killed the volume).
Simple, effective, and great price!
(version 1.1) I was looking for an app that could control Front Row (I have a Mac Mini that I use as a media center and needed some kind of remote). This little gem handles Front Row admirably and does much more. Setup was painless. Overall, controls are simple and intuitive (on the downside, there is no documentation, so I had to discover a few things—like the function of many of the Finder controls—via trial and error). Also, the program does several things very few other remote apps do, such as allow you to sleep your computer (combined with a Wake on LAN program like Awake I have full control over my Mac Mini). The developer responds quickly to emails and is very supportive. For the price, I couldn't find a single remote program as robust as this one.
Good app, could be better.
Does what it's supposed to. Works well. Interface could use some improvement, especially switching apps-little dots don't cut it. It's also hard to get back to the home screen. Eyetv support would be awesome! I'm glad they wrote this app and look forward to it's refinement!
Updated one is easier to switch to layouts, but you still can't tell which is which. I wish you could delete layouts you'd never use.
- digitalsirup GmbH
- 10.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 digitalsirup GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.