Take the JFK Challenge – fly to the moon or help people around the world! This immersive app from the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library transports kids back in time to train for the Apollo 11 mission where they try on a space suit, steer a spacecraft, and land a crew safely on the moon. As Peace Corp volunteers, players travel to a village in Colombia to build hospitals, dig waterways for clean drinking water, and get to know the local culture. The app features fun, kid-friendly animation combined with primary sources from the JFK Library’s archives.
• Fully integrated iPad features and touch-screen interactivity
• Personalized experience lets kids take their picture and appear in the game!
• More than 10 games and activities
• Multilayered, deeply engaging interface
• Custom illustrations and animations
• Narrated introductory videos for each mission
• Archival photos, film footage, and audio clips
Reading level: Upper Elementary and Middle School
Watch our video at www.jfkchallenge.org
To learn more about the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, please visit us at www.jfklibrary.org.
Updating backend for 64 bit support
Ratings and Reviews
This is the best application I’ve ever used.
This is the best application I’ve ever used. There should be more educational app like this! Congratulations!
Great but short
A great game but a little short.
An Entertaining U.S. History Lesson
Oh, "Its all a LIE" reviewer. For starters, it is "It's all a LIE." How do you misspell at all these days, seeing as everything has autocorrect now? Please go back to your basement and wrap your head in aluminum foil again. You're creeping the well-educated out; maybe not the self-educated, like yourself. On a better note, this app is fun and educational. I recommend it. It's an entertaining way to give kids a U.S. History lesson!
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy Library Foundation Incorporated
- 806.6 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 The JFK Library Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.