We learn better in 3D, that's how we experience the world.
JigSpace is the platform to explore and share truly interactive, 3D knowledge for anything. When you ask "How does that work?" the answer is right in front of you, in beautiful, interactive 3D. Dive through dozens of Jigs, learn at your own pace, and satisfy your curiosity. And with Jig Workshop, anyone can create Jigs and share them with the world.
JigSpace empowers you to learn about the world in a way that simply wasn't possible before.
Don’t just learn more — Learn better in 3D with JigSpace.
With JigSpace you can:
- View Jigs in Augmented Reality - Bring your learning into the real world
- Create your own Jigs in the new Jig Workshop app and share them with the world
- Browse the Jig Library for dozens of interactive learning experiences
- View step-by-step interactive 3D breakdowns of complex ideas, products and phenomenon
*Big iOS13 update* Bringing on 3 ground breaking new features (don't forget to update your device!), and a ton of bug fixes:
- Jig Workshop is now also available on iPhones! You asked for it, we made it. Jig Workshop, the app that lets you create your own Jigs is now available on both iPhones and iPads. We're excited to see what you will make!
- People Occlusion (only supported iPhone XS and 11 as well as iPad Pro's) : Jigs now realistically pass behind and in front of people in the real world, making the experience even more immersive. It makes for really fun videos too!
- Jig Presentations: Invite anyone in the room to watch your Jig from their device as you direct the presentation. Step through the Jig, control the orientation and highlight key features. (Remember you need to be on the latest version of the app and have updated your device to iOS 13 to be able to join.)
Fixes and improvements:
- Massive performance improvement: Your phone won't heat up as much and the experience should be a lot smoother on all devices, especially on big Jigs like the coral reef, and while using people occlusion if your device supports it.
- Fixed: The app would sometimes crash after placing a Jig on a surface, or exiting a Jig. This shouldn't happen anymore.
- Fixed: When starting a Jig Presentation, other people in the room would sometimes not receive an invitation to join. This works properly now.
- Fixed: In some rare cases, the camera would only show a white screen after opening a Jig. This very sneaky one should be fixed, but if you still experience this issue, simply restarting your app will fix it. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate!
- Fixed: Incredible bug. Long story short, if you were in South Africa most of your Jigs would never show up. We're terribly sorry about how long it took us to figure out that one. You should be fine now, no matter where you live. Special thanks to Sarah for helping us track this problem down!
More coming soon, stay tuned! If there is anything you would like to see in the app, get in touch with us using the Facebook / Twitter / Email buttons in the top left corner and we'll see what we can do!
Ratings and Reviews
Revolution in Education Software
Wow! Thank you for such an incredible tool! I can see where this is going for education and I’m impressed and grateful.
As a geology teacher, I look forward to seeing what is produced in the future! One of the most difficult aspects to teaching geology is getting my students to think about long, slow, 3D processes that happen underground where they can’t be seen. It is crucial for the student to grasp these concepts, but can be an agonizing journey for those who have a hard time piecing together the 3D from a bunch of 2D pictures and the flailing body language of their crazy prof. I imagine one day what would have taken me weeks to teach will take one lab session with an app and the right bundles. Wow!
In the mean time, I’m keeping myself pleasantly occupied with the Jigs on hand. I get this feeling poking through your app like I had as a kid when I’d pull out one of our encyclopedias and flip through it, grazing on knowledge and feasting my eyes on sketches and photographs of all from machines to mammals. Thank you for touching that same old place of delight in me - the joy of discovery!
Rating changed :)
Thank you for the personal reply & assistance, hugely appreciated!
What a fun & exciting app! Both of my kids love exploring on here! (1st grade & K-5) This is a great tool for explaining, showing kids the “inner workings” of so many things. So cool!
Thank you for creating an educational & fun experience... well worth the $, no doubt.
[previously written: It’s a bright sunny day, I’m using a brand new iPad outside, I’ve used every “flat surface” I can think of (including an 8’ slice of clean plywood, laid flat on the ground with sunlight pouring down on it - also tried a clean, new sheet of white poster board laid flat on the white sidewalk with sunlight pouring down - etc etc). I’ve moved the iPad around slightly as the app keeps suggesting, there’s no MORE lights to turn on, not a cloud in the sky & I swear it’s bright enough for sunglasses. The app won’t accept ant flat surface no matter what I try. I’ve worked on it for an hour. For the record, yes I first tried every flat surface inside the house (with every light on, despite the ridiculousness of it).
What’s the problem? Can anyone help? There’s 2 kids & 2 adults here, who’d love to explore this app.]
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for downloading the app! Sorry it's not working properly for you, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Please send us an email at email@example.com so we can get to the bottom of this!
It would really help if you could send us screenshots of your phone's screen while you're aiming at the flat surface. Also, long shot but please try uninstalling the app, restarting your phone, and downloading the app again. Let us know how it goes :)
All around it’s just awesome!
So I got pretty bummed when I went to pull my first jig up and saw nothing but the background frantically moving from left to right. It’s the middle of the night so I had the time to shoot a quick email. Well with in the hour I realized I had already gotten a cheery response asking for a picture and a promise they could fix with no problem. Turns out I’m not so smart and had my camera permission blocked. :) they were great and the app was even greater !!! I feel like this will become huge once they had the ability to create your own jigs. ... fully recommend
- JigSpace Inc.
- 155.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 JigSpace Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Greatest Inventions - Part 1
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.