Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Series 3 – NOW available as an app!
The meditations in The Series 3 app were developed and recorded by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn to accompany his book Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness. After almost 10 years in the form of CDs, these meditations are now available as an app.
The Series 3 App consists of 10 meditations:
1. Breathscape Meditation (20 min)
2. Bodyscape Meditation (20 min)
3. Breathscape and Bodyscape – More Silence (20 min)
4. Soundscape Meditation (27 min)
5. Mindscape Meditation (20 min)
6. Dying Before You Die (30 min)
7. Nowscape (Choiceless Awareness) Meditation (30 min)
8. Walking Meditation (10 min)
9. Heartscape (Lovingkindness) Meditation (47 min)
10. Lifescape (Everyday Life) Meditation (12 min)
About Jon Kabat-Zinn:
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., is a meditation teacher, writer and scientist. He is Professor of Medicine emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, where he was founder (in 1979) and former director of its world-renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and founding Executive Director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.
Together with his colleagues, Jon Kabat-Zinn has published numerous scientific papers on the clinical applications of mindfulness in medicine. His work has been featured in the Bill Moyers PBS special, Healing and the Mind, as well as on Oprah, Good Morning America, and in numerous print media.
Jon Kabat-Zinn is the author of:
* Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness
* Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
* Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness
* Arriving at Your Own Door, Letting Everything Become Your Teacher
* Mindfulness for Beginners
* Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting (co-author, with his wife Myla)
*The Mindful Way Through Depression (with Williams, Teasdale, and Segal)
* The Mind's Own Physician (editor together with Richard Davidson)
* Mindfulness: Diverse Perspectives on its Meaning, Origins, and Applications (editor with Mark Williams)
MindfulnessApps is a Swedish company dedicated to making mindfulness practice of the highest quality easy accessible to the world. The company consists of Psychologist, mindfulness teacher and Master of Engineering Martin Ström and Psychologist, author and mindfulness teacher Johan Bergstad.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and visit www.MindfulnessApps.com for more info.
If you have any technical problems with this app, please let us know and we will do our very best to help you: email@example.com. Please email us your phone type and specify the problem you have. Thank you.
We continuously work to improve your experience. With this update we bring you:
- Fixes for screen layout on large display devices (like iPhone Xr Max or iPhone 11 Pro)
- Fixes for iPad crash
- Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My Guide to Awareness and Peace
The JKZ Series of mindfulness meditation guides is excellent for beginners and seasoned meditators. I meditate 30 to 45 minutes daily. While I am working towards an independence from guided meditations, some days I need these guided meditations to help me calm my anxious mind and focus on my breath and awareness. I recommend Series 3 because it provides shorter guided meditations when needed and instruction for the Loving Kindness meditation, my personal favorite, as well as other very helpful guides to help you personalize your meditation. I particularly like the silent meditation with bells that you can customize to suit your needs. Try it!
Jon Kabat Zinn mindful yoga has fixed my sore back and has made me aware when my body is tense.
The other favorite insight is being below thought and intrusive or anxious thoughts only have the power we give them .
I am a rookie meditating for five years but like Jon Kabat said I will figure it all out in 30 or 40 year’s
The Gold Standard
JKZ’s mindfulness program is the gold standard of mindfulness programs. JKZ established the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program. This series of mindfulness meditations provides so many meditations that can be used to address stress and establish a more peaceful presence of mind. I highly recommend all of JKZ’s apps. All others are imitations of the “real” thing, IMHO.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mindfulness Apps Sweden AB
- 9.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Jon Kabat-Zinn
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.