The DOT is now as convenient as your iPhone! Social Security professionals never need to worry about having a hearing or client meeting without this invaluable resource, including all of its companion publications.
What users are saying:
"Excellent app – works like a charm and worth every penny. I have Job Browser on all my computers, but now I have the DOT/SCO information in my pocket (on my iPhone). This means I can use it in meetings and many other places where I don’t have my computer." ~ David Camp (SSDB Attorney)
Job Sleuth "is a great asset for Social Security Attorneys and Vocational Experts to use while interviewing clients in their office or at the hearing [...] It is a MUST have for a Social Security Disability Practitioner." ~ Ed P. (Vocational Consultant)
- All 12,741 job codes in the DOT are present and accounted for, along with detailed explanations of each of their elements;
- Every job includes the information from the DOT, SCO, MPSMS, Work Fields, Aptitudes, and Temperaments and is presented in an easily accessible manner (over 65 fields in each code);
- Airprint compatibility allows you to print any job's complete information or the results from your searches.
- Email all of the job's information or searches to yourself or anyone else for later review or reference.
- A completely local database means you don't ever have to worry about losing signal or not having access to wi-fi.
- Never worry about lugging around two huge volumes to hearings and meetings.
- Title Search, Code Finder, Advanced Search, Transferability Search, and GOE browser make finding the right job a breeze, much faster than could have been possible with the physical volumes.
- Less than 1/4 the price of the physical volumes, and 1/8 the price of many PC applications with similar features.
*tab bar icons created by icons8
Version 1.10.2 fixed two bugs:
• fixed issue with iPhone 5s screen devices showing the wrong strength level in list views (Thank you Phillip for identifying this issue); and
• fixed bug keeping advanced search results from being able to sort.
Very exciting new features and improvements in Version 1.10, with the Advanced Search getting a major upgrade!
The Advanced Search improvements include:
• Search for occupations by their Work Force Requirements (i.e. how much involvement they have with data, people, or things);
• Search by General Educational Development levels (i.e., the reasoning, math, and language requirements of the occupation).
• Change each search component to look for the exact value or the minimum of the value you specify (you used to only be able to search by the maximum). Have you ever wondered what are the SVP 9 jobs? Just swipe left and find out!
Other improvements and bug fixes include:
• Better printing/emailing formatting to page-break correctly and adjust dynamically;
• Added change log intro and version history page;
•.Fixed bug in Transferability view where hitting group information button would cause crash;
•.Fixed bug in color of email header bar; and
•.Updated all WebViews screens to have consistent theme.
Version 1.10.1 fixed a small bug that made the new change log intro screen I worked hard on not show up.
Ratings and Reviews
convenient and accurate
Amazing and worth every penny of the cost. I’ve used it for years as a quick reference for DOT jobs (and the companion publications—SCO, RHAJ). It’s very well done and I’ve never found an error. It’s the easiest way to trace the steps of a VE doing a transferable skills analysis. This new update is even better, allowing for focus searches centered on simple/detailed, language levels, etc.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! I am really happy to hear how the app has helped you. I am also really excited you like the new features of the advanced search! I have been wanting to add them for a really long time. I am working on another feature that I think you will really like too. Thanks again.
Simple yet Powerful ❤️
Fabulous app! I tell all my Vocational Rehab colleagues about this simple yet powerful tool. I use it several times a week...
One suggestion (not criticism): allow search function to use partial spelling of jobs in order to find them among 12,761 jobs listed in the DOT IN MY POCKET... keep up the good work as there was just another update announced!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! I’m glad to hear how useful JS has been to you and thank you for telling your colleagues about it. I hope you like the new features I added to the advanced search in the latest release!
On your suggestion, I am definitely looking into options on making the title search more powerful. That said, you can search using part of a title by just typing that part in the search field; it will find all jobs that have that word portion in their title (this works in advanced search too). Shoot me an email by using the “email developer” button for a more complete answer with examples.
A very well done, handy, easy to use app summarizing a huge amount of valuable information!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the review! I am glad the app has been helpful to you and hope you have enjoyed the recent updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.