The DOT is now as convenient as your iPhone! Social Security professionals never need to worry about having a hearing or client meeting without this invaluable resource, including all of its companion publications.
What users are saying:
"Excellent app – works like a charm and worth every penny. I have Job Browser on all my computers, but now I have the DOT/SCO information in my pocket (on my iPhone). This means I can use it in meetings and many other places where I don’t have my computer." ~ David Camp (SSDB Attorney)
Job Sleuth "is a great asset for Social Security Attorneys and Vocational Experts to use while interviewing clients in their office or at the hearing [...] It is a MUST have for a Social Security Disability Practitioner." ~ Ed P. (Vocational Consultant)
- All 12,741 job codes in the DOT are present and accounted for, along with detailed explanations of each of their elements;
- Every job includes the information from the DOT, SCO, MPSMS, Work Fields, Aptitudes, and Temperaments and is presented in an easily accessible manner (over 65 fields in each code);
- Airprint compatibility allows you to print any job's complete information or the results from your searches.
- Email all of the job's information or searches to yourself or anyone else for later review or reference.
- A completely local database means you don't ever have to worry about losing signal or not having access to wi-fi.
- Never worry about lugging around two huge volumes to hearings and meetings.
- Title Search, Code Search, Multi-Code Search, Advanced Search, Transferability Search, and GOE browser make finding the right job(s) a breeze, much faster than could have been possible with the physical volumes.
- Less than 1/4 the price of the physical volumes, and 1/8 the price of many PC applications with similar features.
*tab bar icons created by icons8
Version 1.11.1 and 1.11.2: These quick updates fixed three bugs:
• One caused the Advanced Search results to disappear when a user changed the sort method (Thank you Hannah G. for spotting this bug and letting me know);
• The other kept users from being able to select the GOE subgroup from a DOT code and see what other DOT codes share the same GOE subgroup; and
• A minor cosmetic fix.
Version 1.11: MAJOR NEW FEATURE: Multi-Code search added
• Add up to 6 codes into your Code Search at once and bring them all into a search list for easy access
• Multi-Code Search is perfect for loading multiple occupations during vocational testimony during a hearing
• Improved the interface for Code Search to reveal a preview of the entered code's job title, SVP, and strength rating before engaging search
Ratings and Reviews
convenient and accurate
Amazing and worth every penny of the cost. I’ve used it for years as a quick reference for DOT jobs (and the companion publications—SCO, RHAJ). It’s very well done and I’ve never found an error. It’s the easiest way to trace the steps of a VE doing a transferable skills analysis. This new update is even better, allowing for focus searches centered on simple/detailed, language levels, etc.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! I am really happy to hear how the app has helped you. I am also really excited you like the new features of the advanced search! I have been wanting to add them for a really long time. I am working on another feature that I think you will really like too. Thanks again.
Simple yet Powerful ❤️
Fabulous app! I tell all my Vocational Rehab colleagues about this simple yet powerful tool. I use it several times a week... One suggestion (not criticism): allow search function to use partial spelling of jobs in order to find them among 12,761 jobs listed in the DOT IN MY POCKET... keep up the good work as there was just another update announced!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! I’m glad to hear how useful JS has been to you and thank you for telling your colleagues about it. I hope you like the new features I added to the advanced search in the latest release!
On your suggestion, I am definitely looking into options on making the title search more powerful. That said, you can search using part of a title by just typing that part in the search field; it will find all jobs that have that word portion in their title (this works in advanced search too). Shoot me an email by using the “email developer” button for a more complete answer with examples.
Just Paid for Itself
I had to look up the SCO for a barber. The Social Security Administration said that my client could still work as a barber, although they say that he has “limited”fingering and handling. The SCO says the barber position requires Constant handling and Frequent fingering. I think we win, based on my 30 seconds on Job Sleuth. It just paid for itself.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hudson Ellis
- 21.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Hudson Ellis
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.