Jooay connects children and youth with disabilities to leisure activities with a simple tap, and allows parents, health care providers, physical education teachers, and community organizations to locate and engage in adapted and inclusive leisure activities in their local community! The app is free and currently lists numerous activities across Canada.
Active participation in sports, arts and other leisure activities is critical to the physical and mental health of all children, and essential to their social development and community integration. Through the Jooay app, families will be able to overcome the struggle of finding information on leisure activities that are local, accessible, inclusive, and appropriate for their children.
The Jooay App not only offers access to activities but also creates opportunities to interact with other parents, therapists, and educators in the online community, to talk about leisure successes and challenges and ways to make leisure accessible to all.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! @JooayApp
Here is what you get with Jooay:
- Locate accessible, adapted and inclusive sports, arts classes, camps, movie theaters and other leisure activities close to where you are
- Identify activities that are appropriate for your child/client/student according to accessibility features, price, and schedule
- Contact the organizations offering the activities with one simple tap
- Add comments, reviews, and suggestions for activities you know, helping other parents and professionals
- Chat with other users and interact with them in the community of support
Check what Jooay users are saying:
“We are always so busy trying to find activities that are right for our children…this is really what we needed to make at least this task easier! It also helps to talk to other parents and see what they are doing, what works for them that could work for us too!” (parent)
“I used to spend a lot of time trying to find sports and other activities for my students close to where they live, so they could stay active and have fun, and now this is all organized into one single place; this is really handy!” (physical education teacher in a school for children with disabilities)
Check what the media is saying:
Join the Jooay community now! Download the FREE app and open the gates to a multitude of activities happening around you! Playing is fun, and with Jooay, all children can play!
Visit us at www.jooay.com,
or email us at email@example.com
Better error messages (login expired, network problems), and now with a Retry or Relogin button. Fixed various other bugs.
Now shows the name of the organisation providing the activity, and the name of the location where it takes place. "My Profile" and "Modify Profile" are now one single screen.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jooay Jooay
- 36.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Majnemer & Shikako-Thomas