Jooay connects children and youth with disabilities to leisure activities with a simple tap, and allows parents, health care providers, physical education teachers, and community organizations to locate and engage in adapted and inclusive leisure activities in their local community! The app is free and currently lists numerous activities in all 10 provinces across Canada.
Active participation in sports, arts and other leisure activities is critical to the physical and mental health of all children, and essential to their social development and community integration. Through the Jooay app, families will be able to overcome the struggle of finding information on leisure activities that are local, accessible, inclusive, and appropriate for their children.
The Jooay App not only offers access to activities but also creates opportunities to interact with other parents, therapists, and educators in the online community, to talk about leisure successes and challenges and ways to make leisure accessible to all.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! @JooayApp
Here is what you get with Jooay:
- Locate accessible, adapted and inclusive sports, arts classes, camps, movie theaters and other leisure activities close to where you are
- Identify activities that are appropriate for your child/client/student according to accessibility features, price, and schedule
- Contact the organizations offering the activities with one simple tap
- Add comments, reviews, and suggestions for activities you know, helping other parents and professionals
- Chat with other users and interact with them in the community of support
Check what Jooay users are saying:
“We are always so busy trying to find activities that are right for our children…this is really what we needed to make at least this task easier! It also helps to talk to other parents and see what they are doing, what works for them that could work for us too!” (parent)
“I used to spend a lot of time trying to find sports and other activities for my students close to where they live, so they could stay active and have fun, and now this is all organized into one single place; this is really handy!” (physical education teacher in a school for children with disabilities)
Check what the media is saying:
Join the Jooay community now! Download the FREE app and open the gates to a multitude of activities happening around you! Playing is fun, and with Jooay, all children can play!
Visit us at www.jooay.com,
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved user location accuracy to receive notifications for nearby activities
- Update for latest OS version support
- Some other minor fixes and improvements
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jooay Jooay
- 92.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Majnemer & Shikako-Thomas
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.