Jotalicious is a beautifully-designed shopping assistant that turns plain text lists into color-coded checklists of awesome.
It works the way a shopping assistant on your phone should – you create lists just like you are jotting a note to yourself and Jotalicious organizes your lists into sortable, taggable checklists. When Jotalicious finds the name of a place next to an item in your list – for example, "Fresh Herbs @Farmers Market" – it automatically tags and adds the item to a virtual shopping list for that place too.
If typing is just too old school for you, use your device's voice dictation* feature to speak your lists into Jotalicious – say the phrase, "New Line" to separate each item on your list and Jotalicious does the rest.
It's good to share, and with Jotalicious it's even better. Jotalicious is on the spot with AirDrop, AirPrint, text message, and email sharing support. You can send text copies of your lists to anyone or you can share a "jot", which can be imported, complete with tags, by other Jotalicious users. And all of those text lists people send you – or lists you find on your favorite blog or elsewhere – can be pasted into Jotalicious to create new lists effortlessly – just copy text and paste awesome!
Jotalicious is shopping list bliss – after you dictate, paste, or jot your first list, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
(*NOTE: Voice Dictation is not available on all devices. If your device supports voice dictation, you will see a microphone icon next to the spacebar when your device displays a keyboard.)
• Added support for creating a list using Live Text
• New app icon
• Customize the app icon in Settings
• Visual design updates
• Category items list now supports editing a category name and adding items to a category
• Expand or collapse all category items
• Places, categories, and the list of all items are now at the top of the main screen
• 3D Touch a list item to edit in place
• A list for a place now offers the option to sort by name or by category
• Add a new place from the list of places
• Keyboard shows by default when adding a new item
• Items without names no longer show, "…" when editing the item
• Tapping a selected category or place from the item editor now deselects it
• Asterisks are now removed from start of imported or pasted items
• Removing an item's notes using 3D touch on the item detail view now prompts a confirmation
• Deleting a list with at least one item now presents a prompt to confirm
• Tapping the plus button on a list present a menu of options
• VoiceOver improvements
• Context menus that require a confirmation now prompt with an action sheet instead of a nested menu item
• The placeholder text in search fields gives a better indication of what is searchable
• Unchecking or deleting all completed items now shows a confirmation before taking action
• Toggling the option to round prices now takes effect immediately on the main list
Ratings and Reviews
I've tried many…
I have given it a quick test and so far it looks to be just what I want it simple voice dictated and beautiful in one package.
I hope that when I feel like writing my next review on this app thatit will continue to live up to its claims, my initial impressions and continue to improve. But for now, i'm very impressed.
Thank you developer for a nice, intuitive, attractive and most of all useful app.
I’ve been using this app to keep many different lists. I love that I can email the list to this who might need it. The ability to sort different ways is helpful. One suggestion is to be able to sort by place. Another suggestion which would be a search tool. My grocery list is quite long so it takes a while to find what I need.
The developer really programmed the heck out of this app and from what I could find, all is working well with no glitches. Alphabetical lists work just as well with numbers. I use it for monthly expenses, adding and removing items to get my totals via the check boxes, which makes this a total breeze. EXCELLENT!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Erik Eggleston
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Limbua, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.