The Journal Club Team reviews the top articles in internal medicine, putting landmark trials at your fingertips. Written by physicians, Journal Club's article reviews are distilled into bite-size morsels that clinicians can digest quickly. Think of it as CliffsNotes for medical research. We do the hard work reviewing the literature so that you can focus on what's most important: caring for your patients.
A few reviews:
• “Amazing! I’ve been trying to put a list like this together for years!”
• “In a class by itself! As a med student I love having instant access to these landmark studies with navigation treatment options.”
• Concise PICO-structured bottom lines
• Physician-written and peer-reviewed major points
• Sort trials by name, date, specialty, and disease
• Star your favorites for quick access
• Easily share summaries with colleagues
• Instantly sync for new summaries
• Powered by Wiki Journal Club
Article summaries contain:
• Bottom line
• Major points
• Links to PubMed and full text
More information online:
Welcome new students, residents, and fellows! The Summer 2019 version to Journal Club brings you a couple of updates:
• Fixed an issue causing some links to open in Safari rather than in-app — sorry about that one!
• Updated our screenshots in the App Store to reflect what trials are currently in Journal Club.
• Behind-the-scenes speed improvements because your time is valuable!
We'd love it if you'd take a minute to leave us a review in the App Store. Your voice really counts!
— The Journal Club Team
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing pocket reference
It is the expectation that any high-level healthcare provider practice utilizing the highest quality evidence available. Of course, memorizing every landmark trial is unrealistic; the Journal Club offers a great way to quickly reference landmark clinical trials. Additionally, the information is provided in a complete, intuitive, and consistent fashion. Overall, a must-have for those working in healthcare.
Excellent repository for evidence based medicine
Brief update: changed to 5 stars with most recent update as the link issue has been fixed.
This is a fantastic app for any training or practicing physician. The only feature request that I have is to open trial links within the application (currently, they are directed to open in safari)
Great app that keeps getting better
This app is great to look and refresh your memory on the studies. There were not so many papers at the beginning but it keeps getting better as they add more and more almost daily I have noticed.
- David Iberri
- 11 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Peripheral Brain, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.