JR-EAST Train Info is an application that provides useful information to people who use JR EAST trains.
■ Features of JR-EAST Train Info
1. You can see, at a glance, multiple candidate routes from the departure station to the arrival station.
2. You can select, at a glance, the optimal route for yourself that takes into account time, number of changes, cost, etc.
3. You can see, at a glance, the lines that your route will include.
4. You can see if there are any delays along your route.
5. You can save the routes you search for.
6. You can check the operational status of your saved routes.
7. You can see which trains are immediately available on your saved routes.
8. You can see route maps for the area covered by JR EAST.
A station name has been changed.
Needed app terrible execution
All I use this app for is to see which JR Yamanote train cars are the least crowded and have the coolest temperatures. Everything else from delays to route guidance can be done faster, better, and easier on google maps or hyperdia. Connection is horrible. The app rarely connects. Instead of cacheing the data so it only has to connect one time it reaches out to the servers each selection, so it is constantly trying to connect and failing to do so. I’m on au, and all other apps work fine when this one doesn’t. The Japanese version works a bit better, but this English version is useless. This is all in addition to the overcrowded busy layout typical of Japanese apps.
Very disappointing update (Ver 3.0+) no longer carries useful features
What used to be a surprisingly useful app, carrying specialized features that only the JR system would have access to (detailed delay information, crowdedness & inside temperature information of the Yamamoto Line, and specific train location among other things) has now turned into just another train routing app that is no more useful than the plethora of copycat apps out there. If you need an accurate metro navigation app in Japan, try Navitime’s Japan Travel app. It’s really a disappointment that JR has stopped carrying such useful features, especially ahead of the 2020 Olympics. Here’s hoping they change their mind very soon...
Confusing and actually useless once you figure it out
Stores no data locally so must have (stable) internet connection. Just try using this junk app while on one of their trains where internet connection comes and goes. Additionally, there is no timetable in the app - worried about missing the last train, good luck. Want to know how tight a connection will be, not a chance. This app must have been written by someone's 16 year old during a summer internship. Terrible.
- East Japan Railway Company
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Rated 4+
- © East Japan Railway Company