This is not an imitation of a limited stand alone electronic calculator of old. This is a calculator that exploits the power of the device it is running on. It works slightly differently, but it allows for more flexibility. As an example, JSCalculator evaluates what you type without the need of hitting "=" or an enter key. In this calculator, the "=" key is for assigning values to variables, not for telling it to execute a calculation!
In JSCalculator, what you enter can be a standard calculation like "1+2", but it can also be much more!
JSCalculator was developed by a physicist who needed to be able to enter a short formula on an iOS device, and have it evaluated for various values of some parameters. In addition to predefined functions and the ability to edit even longer or multi-step expressions, this calculator provides a set of the most used constants of nature (in SI units).
Short list of the main features:
- No enter key. No equal sign that must be pressed to execute a calculation.
- What you write is evaluated as you type, and you immediately see the result.
- Enter formulas, not just calculations.
- Use multi-step formulas with intermediate (algebraic) variables.
- Example of a multi-step formula: "p = sqr(a)+b;sin(p)/p"
- Every formula you enter is stored, so that you can re-use it the next time you use the calculator. Cycle through all formulas with arrow buttons on the front screen or via standard lists.
- Intelligent exponential/engineering notation for the calculated results (optional).
- Several predefined mathematical functions.
- Predefined constants of nature.
- Ability to copy and paste. Ability to copy the result of calculations, or the values of one of the predefined constants of nature.
- Numeric keys for typing numbers, predefined functions, or constants, but the standard keyboard will appear when the "T" button is pressed.
Any issues or questions? Use our feedback form to tell us about them:
Updated to the latest version of the CODATA internationally recommended 2018 values of the Fundamental Physical Constants. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Finds many uses
I am using this app for a couple of weeks at this point. My favorite features:
Type in all your functions, label them, and comment on the equations and variables. The app saves it all for future.
Do multi-step formulas; use an outcome of one calculation as an input for another.
Take advantage of predefined functions and constants to input really big expression (hardest part) and use them anytime in future (great!).
Finally, tap the result to copy it anywhere.
finally a powerful calculator
I recommend this to everybody who needs to calculate values based on a formula. Great for Physics and engineering students. Another excuse to use your iphone.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ivan Biaggio
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © ivpaDev
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.