The first app for OS X that allows you to query JSON data structures. Use the simple search syntax to perform a lookup by key or value, or drill into the data with literals (square brackets for arrays and dots for dictionaries)
- Grab JSON from API's (with the ability to set HTTP headers and body)
A lull before the storm: a minor update before a major update
JSON Query now has documentation: http://json-query-documentation.rtfd.org/
Super keyboard shortcuts:
- CMD + R: Reload URL
- CMD + SHIFT + Y: Show/Hide debug area
- CMD + N: New window
- Drag and drop JSON files directly into the left pane
- Choose your own font for JSON and query result panes
- Use CMD + or CMD - to increase or decrease font size
- Removed escaping backslashes, making URL’s in JSON easier to use
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Most helpful app for work ever.
Good idea, but has data loss bugs
I was really excited when I found this app. It has some showstopping flaws, though. First, it doesn't attempt any validation. If you paste something that isn't valid JSON, there are no errors or warnings issued but none of the features work. Second, the multi-window support is severely broken: buttons like Pretty Print, Compact, and Clear JSON affect all windows(!!!). Third, the Undo functionality doesn't undo Clear JSON. So, if you're like me and have many windows open with various objects and need to clear one, they will all be wiped. I just lost a lot of work to these bugs - clearly I've become too accustomed to other apps and editors which place a high priority on avoiding data loss.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.