Welcome to the JTLanguage mobile application, a free app for learning and teaching languages.
This is a companion to the JTLanguage website, allowing you to do most of the same things you can do on the website, but either offline or online.
JTLanguage is a place you can come to learn or to teach any language supported on a computer or phone. By "cooperative", I mean that all the learning content is provided by users who would like to help to teach a language. I provide the technology in the form of this app and the JTLanguage website, but I depend upon the generosity of users like yourself who are or want to be language teachers to sign up and create lessons, whether it be to supplement your teaching of a specific group of students, or to provide a public service to anyone in general.
JTLanguage can help you teach or learn languages in two main ways, first, as a content organizer/browser and second, as a collection of study tools.
- Hierarchical structure for small or huge courses.
- Expandable tree control for navigation and browsing.
- Media player for audio/video lessons.
- Media can be sync’ed to text.
- Media can be slowed down.
- Textual content: Lesson transcripts, dialog text, and sentence, word, character, and expansion vocabulary study lists with audio.
- Extensive lesson and content creation tools for teachers, including lesson text editing, audio recording and text mapping, lesson masters, markup templates, automated translation, audio synthesis and lesson generation, and lesson scripting.
- Flash tool for memorization and translation practice.
- Text study tool for reading and translation practice.
- Default and custom flash card configurations including text display and input, audio playback and recording with optional speech recognition, pictures, fill-in-the-blanks, and descramble.
- Text input and speech recognition highlights errors.
- Test mode for testing on whole study lists.
- Match tool.
- Hands-free playback tool lets you study or review audio and/or text without needing interaction.
- Automated lesson study tool allows you to study lessons in a scripted fashion.
For a more complete description of JTLanguage and its features, please visit our Welcome page on the www.JTLanguage.com website.
- All of the Flash Tool algorithms and grading button layouts have been revised for more logical and stream-lined operation.
- Two new card selection algorithms have been added for the Flash Tool, "Spanki" And "Manual".
- A couple of new options were added to the Tool Profile for some algorithms.
- The Tool Study List page now shows the next review time and stage number.
- Fixed a number of issues related to staging for internationalization.
- A number of minor bugs and cosmetic issues were fixed.
Please see https://www.jtlanguage.com/Home/WhatsNew for more details of these changes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.