"...every aspect of Jubitron the Girl Robot: The Lovely Little Picnic oozes quality."
The Lovely Little Picnic is the first story in the Jubitron: The Girl Robot series. The book features original music, illustration, animation and surprise activities on every page that will capture your child's sense of creativity and imagination.
In this adventure Jubitron and her friends Mr. Alligator and Little Birdie decide to go on a lovely little picnic. But when their picnic is interrupted by a rain storm, Jubitorn has a bright idea and with the help of her friends (and a rocket ship) they save the day and make a new friend while they're at it.
Kids will have a blast as they play the drums on a cake with Mr. Alligator, toss olives around with Little Birdie and cut the cheese with Jubitron! Optional narration allows you to choose whether to read the story aloud to your child or let them read along on their own. Tapping on any of the words in the story will result in audio playback of that individual word. It's a great tool to assist in vocabulary building and recognition.
• Suitable for ages 2+
• Optional narration, Choose to read the book yourself or have it narrated
• Tap on any word to have it read out loud
• Original illustration and music
• Beautifully animated
• Fun interactions on every page
What critics are saying about Jubitron the Girl Robot: The Lovely Little Picnic:
• "...every aspect of Jubitron the Girl Robot: The Lovely Little Picnic oozes quality."
• "This is a really fun tale, each page has one interactive element – and it is always something that enhances the story rather than detracting from it." -TheiMum
• "The main highlight of the app is its artwork, music, and how well they work together to form a truly interactive experience for children." -iHeartThisApp
• "...this is a unique & enjoyable picture book app for children & adults to share. It marries the digital arts to a more retro theme and look for storytelling ... all done in a way that is deeply satisfying. Recommended." -Digital-Storytime
Adjustments for various screen sizes.
Ratings and Reviews
Entertainment for toddlers
My 3 and 4 year olds love this! They like your typical storybook app well enough but once they've gone through them once tend to quickly lose interest, making its continued presence on my phone somewhat pointless. This app solves that problem by adding interactive tidbits to each page which slow them down a little and make going back and hearing the story over and over again likely. The interactive details are not so much as to make this more of a video game type app; the story is definitely front and center. I can see myself pulling this out for them next time we are in the grocery store or waiting for food at a restaurant. Definitely worth the price!
Down-loaded this app on my i-pad to entertain the grandkids and friends' children who are always asking if they can play with "grammies" i-pad. I could definitely see this becoming a pbs animation series. Love the fact that they can either read it themselves, have someone read it to them or listen to it being read by the narrator! Wonder if up-dates could possibly include different interactions to keep it interesting for a long time! (This being said by someone who knows nothing about the nature of updates!)
Fantastic little story book!
Very clever illustrations in a charming little book decidedly aimed at toddlers and preschoolers. It is musically interactive, and delightfully creative. I did download the iPad version first, and found loading problems, but then again, I have a very old iPad and cannot expect every new thing to work on it. Works fantastically on my iPhone 5. Also, I contacted the creators and they responded immediately, explaining that there is an update coming, once Apple finally gets around to posting it. Great job!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Curious Labs
- 411 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Jubitron™ © 2013 Curious Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.