Jungle Disk puts you in control of your data – providing a simple way to backup and access your data from anywhere – even your iPhone or iPad!
With Jungle Disk for iPhone and iPad, you can:
- Securely access and manage your stored data from anywhere
- View documents, spreadsheets, photos, videos and more
- Upload photos and videos to your Jungle Disk account
- Share your files as e-mail attachments
Get peace of mind and securely store, backup, sync and share your data.
- Fix photos/video upload issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app seems to simple for what it needs to be for business.
An "open in" option is needed for users that want to import docs into pages, numbers, and iBooks. Also a "share with public link" option would be nice too instead of emailing an attachment. Kinda goes against the whole cloud idea and the public share option of jungle disk in the first place.
When you open the app after logging in, some users are confused since it won't show the home dir structure in the main window. You have to click the button on top or be in landscape mode.
Needs work but functionality is there
Couple of quirky things with this app
1. If you are setting up a new disk/account you must use the "legacy" format. Default desktop backups will not show up on your phone
2. I used this app to backup around 30gb of photos. I've got one folder with 1600 or so images and I would like to be able to browse this folder using thumbnails. No workie, app downloads like one thumbnail and then stops.
I hope issue #2 is addressed soon. JD engineers why don't u cache the thumbnails on the phone? In addition to creating the thumbnail at image upload instead of on the fly.
No crashing, but lacking functionality
I'm a long-term customer of JungleDisk and was excited to see this application. Unlike other reviewers, I have had no issue with crashing. I can access my data just fine.
But what is the point of accessing your backups if you can retrieve files from them. While the viewer works most of the time for images, PDFs, Word files (but not open office files), you can't download to open in iBooks, Docs to Go, etc. You also can sen them by email. Only for photos can you sen by email.
You should be able to send the files to other application on your phone. That would make this truly useful to me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.