JustFocus is a simple rest reminder; it will remind you when you keep working for too long, help you to stay healthy and regain your focus, keep you even more productive!
* Beautifully full-screen view, blocking all mouse and keyboard events to help you take a real break
* You can use awesome wallpapers as full-screen background, wallpapers will be auto-refreshed every 24 hours
* You can use standard Pomodoro timer, or customize for yourself
* Statistics for daily timers, review your productive time
* Notification 1 minute before the timer fired, prepare for a break
* You can even use passcode protection if you are not at your desk during the break! The passcode can be set to be required immediately, or a customized timeout after the reset timer fired.
* Show great quotes on your rest screen
* Multiple displays supported
* AppleScript and Alfred workflow supported
* Bug fixes
* Brought back the 'STOP' button on the break screen
* Added a link to the Raycast extension
* Fixed a typo in the break screen popover
* New option: postpone 1 minute on current break
* Preferences panel is now scrollable on small screens
* New option: no cancellation during the break
* Fixed a issue in which count down progress on the menu bar icon is not working
* Auto clean up wallpapers downloaded 3 days ago
* New option to hide option popover when stopping the break
* New option to filter all/work only timers on the stats window
* fixed an issue in which auto-started break may display blank background on macOS 11.15
* fixed an issue that caused desktop picture not working
* fixed an issue in which text on buttons are blurry
* fixed an issue in which popover buttons shows English on a Chinese system
Just Focus 2.0 is here!
* Brand new design of the whole app
* Pomodoro progress on the menu bar icon
* More customization options for the timers
* More customization options for the break screen, including wallpaper optoins, quotes options
* Allow unlock with Apple Watch when passcode protection enabled
* New options when stopping the break
* Removed stop button from the break ended screen
* No more second action after unlocked with Touch ID/Apple Watch
* Upgraded daily tasks storage module
Ratings and Reviews
Best Pomodora style timer – and it’s free!
I’ve tried almost a dozen of these types of timers. Just Focus is hands-down the best one I found. I can’t believe it’s free. I would definitely pay for this, especially considering the price of the other options. I’m an IT & logistics director full-time and a freelance web designer on the side. I’m on the computer all the time. This is an essential tool for me to stay focused and keep from getting burnt out. I have ADHD so I need help staying on task, but I can’t stand for anything to clutter my workspace or interface. This is perfectly minimalist while still providing a good measure of control and customization.
While the app is practically perfect, I have just a few suggestions. First of all, the default sound effects are nice but a bit soft for me – customization here would be nice. I’d also like to see the ability to choose your own wallpaper source, either by adding new feeds or choosing a destination folder locally. Although I personally love the design quotes, it would be cool to add new feeds or add your own as well.
Keep up the great work. I’m excited to keep using this app!
Absolutely perfect focus timer for my ADHD!
Just Focus is the best countown timer that I have used… and I’ve used them all.
Simple menu bar timer countsdown the minutes until the break, and 1 minute before the break you get an alert (or banner… your choice) letting you know that in 1 minute, your break begins. When the timer hits 00:00, your screen is covered by an image and you are forced to take a breather. It’s brilliant and it works incredibly well.
Like I said, this is the best countdown timer that I have used. The only thing that would make it better is if we could use a small window that floats over top all other windows. Pomello does a great job at this… but I enjoy Just Focus much better… and I want things my way. :)
The best for my ADHD :)
TLDR - After 5 years of use this is still the best pomo app for me. It actually interrupts me to break my hyperfocus when I need it, and really helps with my perception of time.
- The one minute left alert is a great motivator.
- The countdown timer at the top helps my time-blindness.
- The fact that it actually interrupts me at the end of a pomo, with a full screen splash screen, is the absolute gamechanger for me and what sets it apart for other apps! (And I've tried a bunch.)
I hyperfocus a LOT. Just Focus keeps me from hyperfocusing too long on something that doesn't deserve it, and allows me to reassess during the break whether or not I should move on.
Bonuses - Custom messages on the splash screen (lets me remind myself to sit up or rest my eyes), and the new feature that lets you add one more minute to the pomo, just in case you were almost finished with a task.
Thank you, thank you for this very helpful app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 哲 严
- 10.7 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2023 ClimStudio