Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices. You can edit your audio and transcriptions right inside the app and even start a new recording completely hands-free with Siri!
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
iOS 14 FEATURES
• Support for stereo recording from the built-in microphone on supported devices.
• Includes a Widget that lets you start recording and get quick access to your recent recordings.
• Use a Siri Shortcut to start a new recording.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Synchronized text and audio.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Audio - visualise your audio in the waveform view and cut out the parts you don’t need.
• Text - make corrections and add new text to your transcriptions.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share easily to social media as a video clip.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Add a badge to the app icon showing the number of unplayed recordings.
• Choose to store recordings in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Recordings stored locally benefit from Files app integration and automatic iTunes File Sharing.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customisable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
Start recording and get quick access to your recent recordings from the new iOS 14 Widget.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s a great app. 4 stars due to some issues I listed below.
I’ve been using the app for about a month and it was extremely helpful. I love the fact you can organize your recordings in iCloud, name them and organize them into hierarchical folder structure that the app understands and displays. I love it’s watch companion that even has a complication you can add to the watch face to start recording on the fly.
Here are a few needed improvements that would make it probably the best app available for voice recording:
1. Accuracy of transcriptions isn’t best. A lot of misidentified words or skipped words even in a perfectly clear and clean voice recordings. Not sure if this is Apple issue or the apps issue. But perhaps the app could use a choice of voice transcription APIs from multiple providers to be able to get the best quality of transcriptions. I’d be willing to pay for an in-app upgrade if needed.
2. It’s annoying that the app stops transcription process of the app is not running in a foreground. I know that in the past it was impossible do have background processes in iOS. But I believe iOS does now provide a way for background processing.
3. It would be great if the app shortcut to record or to open the app would be available in the iOS Control Center. Just like the VoiceMemo or other buttons and similar to the Apple Watch complication.
I absolutely like this app. I'm using it right now to write this review. It seems silly, but it's totally awesome to have constant dictation working , Recording in the background even. I can just keep talking and talking, and when I'm done recording I can get a transcription of what I said. This is the only apple I've seen that doesn't offer a subscription just to use their transcription features, or doesn't continue to ask you to purchase even more other software, or have annoying ads on it. Just a one time purchase, and you're good to go. I absolutely like the Apple Watch version of this app. I can record anytime I want to , From my watch, easily and quickly. I also like that the i WhatsApp is accessible with voiceover, as well as the iPhone app. I am blind, and having this app around to transcribe long pieces of what I want to see without stopping, without interrupting i am currently thinking or what I want to see, it's totally awesome. This is totally the best app out there on the App Store. It uses Apple's speech recognition functionality. Which means you have to say punctuation marks etc. when you're dictating. Just as if you were dictating on a text box with your iPhone.
Not going to mince words here-but I do not regret purchasing this app at all! I’m blind as a bat but I was able to figure this app out after I downloaded it a few days ago. It met my expectations. It’s really cool & thoughtful of the app developers to make sure that it’s fully supported by voiceover. Too bad not many developers Think about people like me who have a disability. It’s user-friendly and like I said well worth the price. Just have a few suggestions-In future updates maybe it would be possible to make categories for the recordings. Create folders within folders. Append to existing recordings even if some time has passed before you decide to add to the recording. Add more export options. Make more import options. Lastly, add more to the languages selection. I’m Filipino and sometimes I have to dictate or talk to someone or record a conversation in Filipino but it’s not supported. Otherwise it’s a great app and you guys did a good job. Kudos and a big thumbs up! Hope you’ll hear my suggestions out and consider them. Have a great day!😃😉
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Open Planet Software Limited
- 8.8 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Open Planet Software Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.