Juxtaposer lets you combine multiple pictures into creative and fun photomontages quickly and easily.
Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Remix your pets into a mythical creature, swap a statue's head with your friend's, or combine photos into surreal and beautiful works of art. Juxtaposer has the power and features of a professional creative tool, but is simple to use and just as importantly, it's fun!
- Short tutorial videos will turn you into a photomontage artist in no time.
- The new Magic Crop feature makes it super fast and easy to cut something out of your top image, thanks to a powerful Machine Learning model.
- Your composite images are exported at the full resolution of the background image, even if it's huge (40 MP+)!
- The image adjustment tools let you match your images' color and lighting, and fine-tune the look of your creation.
- Zoom in to work on fine details with pixel-level accuracy.
- Add elements from as many photos as you like to your background image.
- Load photos from your iPhone photo library, Unsplash, Dropbox or Flickr, .
- Share your photomontages on Twitter or Flickr. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save your cutout images in the Stamp Manager for later use. You can also share these "stamps" with friends or export them as transparent PNGs.
- Undo any edit. Experiment safely, you can always get back to where you started.
- 20 blend modes (like Multiply, Screen and Overlay) let advanced iPhoneographers create unique effects.
- The "red mask" view mode shows you just the top image with the erased parts in red. It is helpful when precisely cutting out an element.
* WhatsOnIphone.com: "The application works incredibly well and makes an otherwise challenging process simple and fun. It blows my mind that you can do such things on an iPhone."
* IphoneAppReviews: "Pretty much everyone, at some point in time, has had the uncontrollable urge to take a friend’s photo and do something truly evil with it. Juxtaposer is an awesome photo-editing tool that can make that dream a reality!"
This update prepares Juxtaposer for the latest versions of iOS and iPadOS and fixes an issue that was causing the resolution of the top layer image to be lower than it should have been on some iOS devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Its so good ….it’ll make you wanna slap your old x-acto set off your table
Simply put Juxtaposer is my go to app for nearly all of my multiple photo blending work and all of my comedic photo combination needs. It is now and has been my number one choice for years due to its ability to take the difficulty out of a craft that used to be a very difficult thing to attempt and expect any kind of decent results with your finished product. The tools that this app has made available and their butter smooth interface is among one of the easiest to use out of all the apps I keep in my kit. In very little time you’ll notice how the apps capabilities can start to grow your abilities in the cut/paste/blend game more and more each session. To me it’s easy to see the developers took their time to put together an app that does exactly what you need and does it without any of the glitched out nonsense that I’ve grown frustrated from using in so many other poorly made apps in this category. In my strongest opinion I can confidently say that Juxtaposer is a keeper and has been the tool /catalyst that’s made possible some of the best satirical photos in my file. Pictures that are memorable to me with similar feedback from all my friends whom I choose to share. It has never let me down and it does what’s asked of it without disappointment!
The Only Juxtapose App Worth Buying!
I have purchased MANY apps that claim to do what this app does and NO ONE COMES CLOSE to the level of perfection that Juxtaposer reaches.
I spent half of today at the DMV, which was a perfect time to test this app and I am beyond impressed! It’s so simple, yet, it’s also an extremely powerful little photo editing app. I was able to zoom in far enough to erase individual pixels!!! This means the end result comes out flawlessly every time and my finger is all I used! The unerase feature really shines when the background blends with the foreground picture and finding the edges seems near impossible. Just erase the edges of the foreground pic and unerase to paint it back in! I’m not British or even an Anglophile, but I really must say that this app is BRILLIANT!
I only wish it was possible to share the picture of my 7 year old riding a dragonfly (my very 1st project) on this review. It looks like I’ve been doing this for years! My iPhone won’t even zoom into the picture close enough to spot ANY rough edges or editing. Thank you Juxtaposer! You’ve made this Dad look like a pro!
***Special thanks to The AppStore for featuring this app recently...it’s been available for 4 years and without the feature, I would have missed my opportunity to use this amazing app.
Developer Response ,
Actually, it now has already been over 9 (!) years since Juxtaposer 1.0 was released.
Thanks so much for your detailed and positive review!
I am addicted
The comments below are from awhile back. I still love the app and use it pretty much every day to make art. The picker is not working well - that is why I am writing. I pick an image, the picker stalls, I go back and start the picking process again. Frustrating.
I like the app very much and try to make art on it almost every day. In the bad old days of film I liked making multiple exposures - this app gives huge flexibility in making and manipulating that kind of work. So I love that. There are some apparent glitches in the software that actually help: moving all the sliders to the left and then dialing shadow and brightness back yield a high contrast version. Making a screen shot of that and using it to replace the image, then sliding back saturation and dialing up the bottom two sliders gives a solarized version. I use these a lot - please don't fix those glitches unless you make them into standard features! It took a while to discover accidentally how to solarize and I would hate to lose that! I wish you had a simple cropping feature. And, last but most, help us back up the files - they take up a huge amount of space on both my phone and iPad!
Developer Response ,
Please send me an email at email@example.com so that I can ask you some questions and look into the issues you are having with the photo picker.
As for backing up (and maybe offloading) your data, you can use iTunes file sharing (or in macOS Catalina you can do this from the Finder) with your iOS device connected via USB cable to your Mac or PC.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocket Pixels Inc.
- 112.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 Pocket Pixels Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $4.99
- Great Tip $9.99
- Tip $1.99