Juxtaposer lets you combine multiple pictures into creative and fun photomontages quickly and easily.
Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Remix your pets into a mythical creature, swap a statue's head with your friend's, or combine photos into surreal and beautiful works of art. Juxtaposer has the power and features of a professional creative tool, but is simple to use and just as importantly, it's fun!
- Short tutorial videos will turn you into a photomontage artist in no time.
- The new Magic Crop feature makes it super fast and easy to cut something out of your top image, thanks to a powerful Machine Learning model.
- Your composite images are exported at the full resolution of the background image, even if it's huge (40 MP+)!
- The image adjustment tools let you match your images' color and lighting, and fine-tune the look of your creation.
- Zoom in to work on fine details with pixel-level accuracy.
- Add elements from as many photos as you like to your background image.
- Load photos from your iPhone photo library, Unsplash, Dropbox or Flickr, .
- Share your photomontages on Twitter or Flickr. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save your cutout images in the Stamp Manager for later use. You can also share these "stamps" with friends or export them as transparent PNGs.
- Undo any edit. Experiment safely, you can always get back to where you started.
- 20 blend modes (like Multiply, Screen and Overlay) let advanced iPhoneographers create unique effects.
- The "red mask" view mode shows you just the top image with the erased parts in red. It is helpful when precisely cutting out an element.
* WhatsOnIphone.com: "The application works incredibly well and makes an otherwise challenging process simple and fun. It blows my mind that you can do such things on an iPhone."
* TUAW: "This $2.99 app is a lot of fun, as well as one of the best-executed compositing tools for a mobile device that I've ever seen."
* IphoneAppReviews: "Pretty much everyone, at some point in time, has had the uncontrollable urge to take a friend’s photo and do something truly evil with it. Juxtaposer is an awesome photo-editing tool that can make that dream a reality!"
- You can now save just the masked top image as a PNG image.
- New tip jar feature ("Support Juxtaposer" in the menu) to allow long time users to support ongoing development of the app.
New features added in Juxtaposer 4:
- Magic Crop is a powerful and easy to use new tool that lets you cut out an element from your top image in seconds! Just draw a rectangle around your subject, tap the button, and Magic Crop does the rest, using a Machine Learning model that runs on your device.
- The new Unsplash photo picker lets you find great images to use in your compositions. Search and browse Unsplash's huge collection of high quality and completely free images.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Only Juxtapose App Worth Buying!
I have purchased MANY apps that claim to do what this app does and NO ONE COMES CLOSE to the level of perfection that Juxtaposer reaches.
I spent half of today at the DMV, which was a perfect time to test this app and I am beyond impressed! It’s so simple, yet, it’s also an extremely powerful little photo editing app. I was able to zoom in far enough to erase individual pixels!!! This means the end result comes out flawlessly every time and my finger is all I used! The unerase feature really shines when the background blends with the foreground picture and finding the edges seems near impossible. Just erase the edges of the foreground pic and unerase to paint it back in! I’m not British or even an Anglophile, but I really must say that this app is BRILLIANT!
I only wish it was possible to share the picture of my 7 year old riding a dragonfly (my very 1st project) on this review. It looks like I’ve been doing this for years! My iPhone won’t even zoom into the picture close enough to spot ANY rough edges or editing. Thank you Juxtaposer! You’ve made this Dad look like a pro!
***Special thanks to The AppStore for featuring this app recently...it’s been available for 4 years and without the feature, I would have missed my opportunity to use this amazing app.
Developer Response ,
Actually, it now has already been over 9 (!) years since Juxtaposer 1.0 was released.
Thanks so much for your detailed and positive review!
I am addicted
The comments below are from awhile back. I still love the app and use it pretty much every day to make art. The picker is not working well - that is why I am writing. I pick an image, the picker stalls, I go back and start the picking process again. Frustrating.
I like the app very much and try to make art on it almost every day. In the bad old days of film I liked making multiple exposures - this app gives huge flexibility in making and manipulating that kind of work. So I love that. There are some apparent glitches in the software that actually help: moving all the sliders to the left and then dialing shadow and brightness back yield a high contrast version. Making a screen shot of that and using it to replace the image, then sliding back saturation and dialing up the bottom two sliders gives a solarized version. I use these a lot - please don't fix those glitches unless you make them into standard features! It took a while to discover accidentally how to solarize and I would hate to lose that! I wish you had a simple cropping feature. And, last but most, help us back up the files - they take up a huge amount of space on both my phone and iPad!
Developer Response ,
Please send me an email at email@example.com so that I can ask you some questions and look into the issues you are having with the photo picker.
As for backing up (and maybe offloading) your data, you can use iTunes file sharing (or in macOS Catalina you can do this from the Finder) with your iOS device connected via USB cable to your Mac or PC.
If what you want is a simple way to cleanly cut out and collage digital images, this is without question the app you need. When I replaced my iPhone with a non-mac phone a few years back, I searched fanatically for a non-mac app to match the function of Juxtaposer for years, and never found anything even remotely similar. I'm an old school paper and scissors collage artist, and what I want is quite simply a digital analog to those reliable meatspace tools. Juxtaposer is exactly that: a precision pair of digital scissors to "cut out" any image on your device and juxtapose it with any other image on your device...layer upon layer upon layer. Simple, easy, and for me indispensable. I'm currently paying for an iPhone I can't afford for one reason: Juxtaposer.
My single suggestion for improvement (and I’m reaching here) is bring back the app's original icon, the dog headed man; he was far more attractive and appropriate than the current vague collection of shapes. Otherwise the absolute pinnacle of digital collage making apps. Unparalleled & beyond essential.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review. That's amazing that you switched back to the iPhone primarily to be able to use Juxtaposer again! Thank you for the icon feedback also.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocket Pixels Inc.
- 117.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 Pocket Pixels Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Great Tip $9.99
- Tip $1.99
- Generous Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.