A Judo sensei in your pocket!
With KōdōkanPro, you have in your possession, not just a dictionary, not just a collection of video tutorials, but a powerful, innovative tool for navigating the landscape of Judo techniques and terminology.
- Powerful, searchable dictionary, which includes over 675 Judo terms and their English translations (alternatively: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese). Enter partial English words or Judo terms for an instant list of possible matches. For terms which correspond to specific techniques, navigate directly to either the Gokyo or Technique (Waza) viewer. Terms can be heard as expressed by a Japanese native speaker. We call this the "speaking dictionary".
- Gokyo viewer: Discover the forty official throws of the five sub-black belt ranks.
- Technique (Waza) viewer: Enables techniques to be discovered via the class or classes of technique to which they belong.
- Gi viewer: Learn the terms associated with the Jud practitioner's distinctive outfit.
- Video Tutorials: Just click on the technique you've located using either the Dictionary, Gokyo or Technique viewer, and watch Judo black-belts perform said techniques from multiple angles, as well as in slow-mo.
KōdōkanPro provides a set of 70 video tutorials. Future upgrades to this app will include more video tutorials. Videos may optionally be downloaded for offline viewing.
This app currently contains TWO in-app purchasable products:
1) Unlimited video
2) Speaking dictionary
There is a ***one-time charge*** for all 70 videos.
"Unlimited video" gives you unlimited playback of 70 instructional videos.
"Speaking dictionary" gives you unlimited playback of a native speaker expressing every one of the Judo dictionary's terms.
Video tutorials currently included in KōdōkanPro:
Disclaimer: This software has not been endorsed by and is in no way associated with the Kodokan Institute: http://www.kodokan.org/
New and improved:
- 70 online videos with option to download
- Smart search: Typing roughly the right thing should help you find what you're looking for
- Super-easy navigation from the dictionary to other areas of the app.
- Optimised for the latest version of iOS
- Runs beautifully on iPhone 6, 7, 8, iPhone-6, 7, 8-Plus, iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
2.0 working well
One of the best Judo apps on the App Store. The entire Judo curriculum from white belt to Shodan, its all there.
Outstanding judo reference!
Are there folks complaining about the cost? Sure, just like every other paid app in the store, but believe me, it is absolutely worth every penny! I mean $6.99 would be expensive for say... Flappy Birds, but this is a judo reference that has a complete dictionary, a structure for throws with respect to belt advancement, and an amazing selection of excellent videos, each showing techniques from several angles and in slow motion. The quality of the videos is HIGH. Does it have every single technique in the Kodokan? No, but it has a LOT. I can't really see anyone being disappointed in the quantity of content unless you are looking for a reference that replaces all of your judo books (which is pretty unrealistic). It does try pretty hard to do it all though, as it even includes quite a few ne waza videos, a topic that is often absent in many throw-centric Judo books. In short, $6.99 is a small price to pay for a content-packed gem like this!
...is messed up
- Michael Mannion
- 53.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cutting Edge, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- 70 Videos $6.99
- Audible Judo dictionary $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.