K7D is a powerful and affordable, vintage tape delay effect plugin for iOS. K7D recreates the hardware echo machines of the past using Imaginando’s signature style of obsessive analog emulation, but with an enhanced level of control from a sleek, modern interface. Using this approach allows a whole new world of creative possibilities, while still retaining a warm, full-bodied analog sound, bursting with character and personality.
To give K7D it’s distinctive analog flavour, we studied and analysed the tiny details of what makes classic hardware delays great, and painstakingly recreated every subtle nuance for a fantastically authentic sound.
Available as a standalone app and audio unit plugin, you can use it digital audio stations for iOS such as Garage Band, AUM, Cubasis, Auria, Audiobus, etc.
- 1ms to 1 sec. dual playhead analog modeled delay with noise, tape distortion and mechanical vibration models
- Modeled microphone input with pre-amp saturation
- Normal and Ping Pong modes
- Optimized gain staging and saturation algorithms for very musical results
- Delay time spread between heads and stereo width control
- High pass and Low pass filter on feedback path
- Powerful LFO bipolar time modulation with multiple waveforms (sine, triangular, saw, square, sample and hold and filtered sample and hold) and possibility of inverted LFO phase on second play head (for added stereo imaging)
- Delay time syncable with BPM
- Possibility of delay time modulation via incoming midi notes
- Oscilloscope visualisation of audio waveform and LFO waveform
- Built-in patch manager
- Audiounit compatible
- Remove Inter App Audio support
- Improve waveform visualisations
- General bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
High quality effects
This is the tape delay you are looking for.
I have the other tape delay apps which have different options than this, but I can’t make any of them sound like this. If you want tape delay - this is the sound you want.
Wow & flutter effects are better than any other tape effect app. Doesn’t destroy source audio but warps the delay taps in the way I assumed the other apps would but never quite did.
Whatever options the other apps have that are not found here, they tend to make the audio sound muddled, not mangled.
I preordered this on the strength of the free DLYM effect this dev offers. If you appreciate the difference in audio quality DLYM has over similar apps then you’ve probably been anticipating any new effects Imaginado had to offer as I have been.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your incredible feedback! Much appreciated. It made our day! Best regards
Nice delay audio unit.
This is actually the first delay audio unit I have purchased, and I am glad I did. There is quite a bit of control to make anything from basic tempo synced delays to crazy sounding effects. It comes with a fair amount of presets some of which can be quite useful right away. Unfortunately with a few of the presets, there were some pops and clicks so to speak, on this iPad Air 2. Other than that, works great and sounds great. It can easily turn a simple sampled instrument into something beautiful and big sounding.
Developer Response ,
HI, thanks for choosing Imaginando/K7D as your first ever delay effect plugin - it sounds like you made the right choice, based on your exploration and analysis so far. It's great to hear from users who really understand our products and what we set out to achieve with each one of them.
Thumbs up to Imaginando
DRC and the totally free DLYM are so great I pre-ordered this without thinking. I'll keep this short and say this delay sounds fantastic and is unique in its sound and functionality (i.e. it's not 'just another delay'). I just turned a bass sequence into a lush pad...ambient music lovers especially should apply.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your fantastic support and great review doug! Love the way you name-dropped 2 other Imaginando products in there ;)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.