Play engaging quiz-based games (kahoots) at school, at home and at work, create your own kahoots and learn something new! Kahoot! brings the magic of learning for students, teachers, office superheroes, trivia fans and lifelong learners.
Here’s what you can do with the Kahoot! app:
- Join kahoots hosted live - in class or virtually - and use the app to submit answers
- Complete self-paced challenges
- Study at home or on the go with flashcards and other study modes
- Challenge your friends with kahoots you found or created
- Create your own kahoots and add images or videos
- Host kahoots live for family and friends directly from your mobile device
Families and friends
- Find a kahoot on any topic, fit for any age
- Host a kahoot live by sharing your screen to Apple TV or via video conferencing apps
- Engage your kids with studying at home
- Send a Kahoot! challenge to family members or friends
- Create your own kahoots and add different question types and image effects
- Search among millions of ready-to-play kahoots on any topic
- Create or edit your own kahoots in minutes
- Combine different question types to increase engagement
- Host kahoots live in class or virtually for distance learning
- Assign student-paced challenges for content review
- Assess learning outcomes with reports
- Create kahoots for e-learning, presentations, events and other occasions
- Encourage audience participation with polls and word cloud questions
- Host Kahoot! live in person or in a virtual meeting
- Assign self-paced challenges, for example, for e-learning
- Assess progress and results with reports
Kahoot! is free for teachers and their students, and it’s our commitment to keep it that way as part of our mission to make learning awesome. We offer optional upgrades that unlock advanced features, such as an image library with millions of images and advanced question types, such as puzzles, polls, open-ended questions and slides. To take advantage of these features, users will need a paid subscription.
To create and host kahoots in a work context, as well as get access to additional features, business users will need a paid subscription.
Recurring billing, cancel anytime
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Terms and conditions: https://kahoot.com/terms
Using Kahoot! at work? Now you can upgrade to one of our Kahoot! 360 individual plans in the app, including Kahoot! 360 Pro, our ultimate plan for training and large events. Unlock advanced features such as custom branding, player identifier, courses, and more.
Ratings and Reviews
This is GREAT👍🏻👍🏻🤗
I love the kahoot app so much. One reason is because it’s very easy to use and very self explanatory. Another reason is because it’s faster to just open the app and put in the game pin than to take forever and open the website. Another reason I love this app is because I can try different quizzes without having to play with someone. I like to play different quizzes when I’m bored. I also like this app because making a Kahoot! is so much faster and easier than going online and doing it on a computer. Anyways, after saying ALL that, I think overall Kahoot! is a great app and is great for people who like playing trivia games and likes making them too. 🙃🙃
I’m an educator and I’ve repeatedly tried to make Kahoot work for my classes. They have strict character limits that make it unusable for more complex questions/answers. Thankfully, they now have a work-around that allows you to import slides. So this morning, I spent several hours of my precious time setting up a kahoot with imported slides. After several hours of work to set it up (precious hours of an overworked, underpaid educator’s time, time that I could have used grading, preparing other lessons, etc., time that I will NEVER GET BACK), it wouldn’t let me publish the kahoot without entering my credit card information. They wanted me to authorize a $180 charge on my credit card (after the 7-day “free trial”) just to use the quiz game I had already spent hours creating. I am LIVID. I know these marketing techniques are common, but using them on overworked, underpaid teachers (especially during a pandemic) is just plain cruel and disrespectful They shouldn’t have allowed me to import my slides and go through all that effort. And they really need to get rid of the character limits. (People have been asking them to do so for years, but I guess this would undermine their scheme).
Developer Response ,
We are really sorry that you are not happy with the app, but are very grateful for your feedback. Please allow me to clarify that any feature in the kahoot creator marked with a crown isn’t included in your current plan. If you have used the unlocked feature in your kahoot, once you click the “Done” button a pop-up message will appear informing you about the content that needs to be revised.
If you need further assistance please contact us via kahoot.com/request and our support team would be happy to troubleshoot this with you.
EPIICCC but needs a few changes
This game is epic I’m not saying anything like I hate it I’m just saying there is a few problems that are kind of taking the fun out of the game 1. problem when you put in an intro song it doesn’t show up unless you’re on the challenge its a little annoying but I didn’t take that much fun out of it I still got to play! 2. this is not really a problem it’s just that I would like to make it so then you can play around the world like for example you didn’t have to get 100 friends and make them come to your house just so that you can play Kahoot! Maybe can you make it so that you can have multiplayer but with random people around the world? 3. I am on an Apple iPad but it’s crashing even know I’m not on anything else and I have the best Internet it doesn’t make sense! And same for the other person it just deleted it self! But this time it did work to reinstall it. This is very confusing but I still love the idea of Kahoot!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kahoot AS
- 132.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020, Kahoot! All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Kahoot! Plus $11.99
- K! Plus for Family & Friends $9.99
- Kahoot! Pro $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.