The Kaiser Permanente of Washington app makes it easier than ever to manage your health. Exclusively for Washington residents, the app offers quick access to virtual care, finding a doctor, exchanging secure messages with your care team, managing prescriptions, scheduling visits, paying bills, and more. Additionally, the app is integrated with Apple Health Kit.
The refreshed home page includes new navigation making it easier to find multiple ways to get care online or in-person. Quickly find care recommendations for an ongoing health concern, a new health concern, and see all care options, including 24/7 Care Chat with a provider.
Enhanced navigation organizes the information and features you need into convenient sections:
• Appointments – view upcoming appointments and visits and see your after-visit summaries.
• Messages – exchange secure messages with your care team.
• Medications – refill or transfer prescriptions, see a list of your medications, view pharmacy wait times, or chat with a pharmacy representative.
• Records – access your test results, after-visit summaries, health summary, routine care reminders, and share your health record with non-Kaiser Permanente providers. Additionally, you can upload health and fitness data, including data from the “Apple Health app” when enrolled in our Care-companion programs.
• My Plan – pay a bill, view your statements, Explanation of Benefits, Benefits Usage, and coverage documents.
• Locations and wait times – find the nearest Kaiser Permanente medical facility, schedule a phone, video, or in-person visit, view upcoming and past visits, and see wait times for pharmacy and lab.
Sign-in to the app with your kp.org/wa user ID and password. Our latest version of the app allows you to use Face ID / Touch ID to safely sign in with additional security.
If you don’t have a user ID and password, please register using the “Register” link on the on the sign-in screen. If you’re not a Kaiser Permanente member, visit kp.org to discover the many advantages available to members, including flexible and affordable health plans, access to virtual and in-person care, electronic health records, the convenience of an integrated network, and industry-leading online tools that let you take control of your health.
• Integrated Video Visit
• HealthKit integration with manual flowsheet entry
• Access Health Summary Benefits in Show All Care Options under In-person care
• iOS sign-out / timeout design - UI update
• Mail order pharmacy link update
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has me logging in almost every time I navigate to a new page. It's as if it might be a patchwork of apps badly patched together. I get new notifications for messages I have already read and deleted. The very worst part of Kaiser Permanente's computer system is that there is no way to completely delete a credit card from the system. I have 3 credit cards in the system that seem to be there permanently. No one seems to think it is an issue when I would prefer to have no cards saved. Two of the cards are obsolete because they were canceled due to the information on them having been stolen and used. I have called tech 3 times, talked to pharmacy--where they cannot "see" any saved credit cards, gone online--where I "see" no saved credit cards, but when I go to an appointment my cards are in their system. Frustrating and just plain not good.
You have to login to every individual tab every time you click on it. Messages will send or close before you have written out your message. You can’t schedule appointments for lots of specialists like the behavioral health team. It is impossible to login successfully the first time - it repeatedly gives you error messages until the app decides you have suffered enough for this session and finally lets you in. It alternates error messages to prevent you from logging in. Just a poorly constructed app. One should expect better from such an expensive healthcare company.
Constant login & critical failures
Every incarnation of this app has the same constant failures as the last version. Constant logging in, when you compose emails to your care team longer than 1 sentence it fails and you constantly have to start over. I find myself copy/Pasting every other sentence before I throw my phone across the room in frustration. It’s better than having to navigate to a website, but the latest version is even less intuitive and more annoying to navigate than the previous. It was already broken, and they made it WORSE!! Please hire decent developers next attempt. This is a medical app, it shouldn’t be this hard or complicated or prone to FAILURES. Currently I can’t even log in. I’m only here looking for an update, nope, no update, just the app NOT WORKING AGAIN.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kaiser Permanente
- 161.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Kaiser Permanente
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.