Kakao T continues to make difference so that users can move,
meet and experience more than ever while getting out of mobility anxiety.
■ Experience mobility for you at Home
• Choose the service that you want
• See all the information at a glance
■ A journey with faith taxi
• Request a ride quickly and easily
• Luxury black cab service built with comfort
■ Professional chauffeur service
• Book your chauffeur online through app
• Ride home safely with chauffeur insurance
■ Say goodbye to parking stress
• Just enter your destination to find available parking spots nearby
• KRW 3,000 off on your first order
■ Ride a bike when you go nearby
• When you can't decide whether to walk or drive
• Now move easily and quickly with electric bikes
■ Fastest directions
• Fast and accurate directions based on real-time traffic information
■ Carpool to commute
• Match with nearby vehicles in the same direction
• Make your commute more free
■ Easier payment
• Pay for all service charges with a single card registration
※ Users may allow the following permissions to use the Kakao T service seamlessly. All permissions are divided into two categories – required and optional.
1. Required authority
1) Location is used for setting up pick-up point and destination
2. Selective authority
1) Notification is the necessary authority to receive various notifications provided by Kakao T.
2) Mic is used for setting up pick-up point and destination based on voice recognition.
3) Camera is used for recognizing QR codes and customer complaints.
4) Album is used for saving receipts that may be issued separately after a customer uses the service.
5) Bluetooth is used for connecting a mobile phone and a bike when a customer uses the bike service.
※ Users may use the Kakao T services without granting optional permissions.
※ You can change the access level in mobile phone Settings > App > Kakao T.
Fifteen seconds is enough! Find out how good Kakao T Driver is and why it is always the right pick. Check out the special secrets in the 2019 Kakao T advertisement. (You can view it on App Store and YouTube.)
1. The (almost) all-waited feature is finally here! Don't be upset anymore when checking out and registering your coupon. Look up coupons at a glance in the new Coupon Box and register them at one go.
2. Are you planning to trip to Vietnam? Don't worry that you don't have a domestic credit card. Mobile payment has been added. Register in advance and feel free to leave! (If your phone has a Usim chip or you have roamed your phone, then you can register in Vietnam.)
3. We've changed the Request screen so that you never get bored while waiting for your Driver.
Ratings and Reviews
US version of Uber as a cab
The great thing about it is that you dont have to commit your cc info to the app. It is hard to put in to and from addresses sometimes because of the Korean characters and the map shows korean street names without English versions. I hope the in app map shows while you are in the ride to see how close/ far you are.
Interface is Great, Bike Service Needs Improvement
I love this app, and have used it on multiple times to grab a taxi or bike. The app is quite straightforward and easy to understand. However, the overall accuracy of the location and status of each bike could be improved. I usually have to try out 3 bikes at least to find one that is actually in its place, and sometimes it is already being unlocked by someone else. Perhaps you could add a reserve feature, because on a hot day spending 30 minutes outside trying to find the 6th or 7th bike can be very frustrating.
I like it and use it all the time
Every time I am visiting Korea I use Kakao taxi. Only problem is that I usually get the data only sim card from the airport which has no voice calling. And the app ask for a Korea phone number and sometimes the cab driver will call you if they can't find you. It would be easier if app allows users uses Kakao ID and Kakao talk only to register and call as well.
- Kakao Mobility Corp.
- 285.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Kakao Mobility Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.