KakaoMap will show you the fastest routes in Korea!
With KakaoMap, you can find everything you want in a map app,
from directions to hot restaurants and local attractions, and more!
► You need to find the fastest route?
[Fastest and most accurate map]
You will get the latest information updated within 24 hours for cars, public transportation, walking and bicycle.
[Navigation system included]
No need to install a separate navigation app. When you search for a route, KakaoMap will give you navigation directions right away.
[Comprehensive search within one search window]
You can find all information you need using one search window including a bus number, a bus stop, a specific place, etc.
► When you need local information
[Recommendation just for you]
KakaoMap will provide useful information based on your current location including hot restaurants, keywords, spots, events, etc.
[Search areas on the map]
You can see search results right away by using the "Re-search this area" feature on the map.
[Places suggested by data]
KakaoMap analyzes big data on visitors and provides information on a specific place by age, gender and day of the week.
► Need more systematic maps?
[Favorites organized by folders]
You can manage Favorites by folder and indicate them on the map. Folders can also be followed and shared.
After searching for a route, you can see the place you plan to visit in advance using the Roa View feature.
[Realistic 3D Map]
We provide a more realistic vector-based map which can be rorated or tilted 360 degrees. It looks very real!
[Real 3D Sky View]
When you want to search a three-dimentional map, you can use 3D Sky View.
► Other convenient features
- Favorite places shown on the map
- Real-time bus information to help you reduce wait time
- Real-time traffic information to help you find fastest routes
- Convenient and accurate subway map
► KakaoMap shares data with Health Application(Workouts, cycling distance, active energy burned) when using bike navigation.
► KakaoMap loves to hear your suggestions.
► Questions & Feedback
- Kakao Customer Service Homepage
- Customer Service: 1577-3321
- Developer: 1577-3754
► Information about permission accessed
- Location : To search nearby places and show directions using the current location info.
- Mic : Voice Search
- Camera : To review and report places, and to take photos for profile setting
- Photos : To review and report places, and to attach photos for profile setting
- Notification : Receive Arrival/Location-Sharing/Recommendation Alarms and Important Notices
* You can still use the service even if you don't give the above permissions.
1. Bugs fixed
1. Added integration with KakaoTalk Channel in place detail page
- You can add Talk Channel and get coupon info directly from place detail page
- Added 1:1 Inquiry & chat with owner with KakaoTalk Easy chat
* Only available for places with MyStore & Talk Channel association
2. Bus Detour info
- You can view detour information for public buses
3. Added support for iPad's track pad for iPadOS 13.4
Ratings and Reviews
BEST application to explore Korea :)
I like KAKAO MAPS much better than Naver maps cause this app shows me every routes and schedules for public transportations, and it’s so easy to share with Kakao talk. Also I am HIGHLY recommend this app to foreigners especially when they’re trying to explore Korea.(And already a lot of them were satisfied with this!)
Long time ago I had a part time job here and saw a lot of ppl work hard to make their service better. Really appreciate it.
Not English friendly.
This app is one of the worst navigation apps I’ve ever used. It gives the most minimal directions in English, and 90% of it is verbally/narrated at the last minute. Visually, the locations and directions are still in Korean, so it’s like someone leading you blindly somewhere by verbally telling you “go left, go right, speed camera ahead.” If you don’t read Korean, it is extremely difficult to understand exactly where you are. Worst off, it can’t find the English romanized version of Korean addresses so you have to plug in the address in Korean (again, a disadvantage if you can’t write or read). It also won’t tell you which lane you need to be in and we got lost in Seoul 3 times at night (I lived there for 3 years, so this shows how crappy the navigation is even for locals). We found Naver navigation to be the best alternative. Google maps does not work in Korea, but Naver comes close with strong English support and letting you know which lane is best. Do yourself a favor and download Naver navigation instead of this. We only were able to get by on this because I can read Korean. My boyfriend who was a co-driver, cannot read, so this app was absolutely useless for him.
Best for public transport but WORST FOR CARS
The app is great for users who tours around Seoul but using this for driving around and outside Seoul is one of the worst things you can do. The usability of the app was absolutely outrageous. The developers seem to never driven a car in Korea. The app would tell you to exit the highway five seconds before the exit pops out which makes it impossible to change lanes and exit out. Same applied to navigating roads within Seoul. Navigation itself was really confusing too since it would direct us to be in left lanes when we should stay on right lanes… Just amazed how absurd and frustrating a navigation can be. We had to spend $50 of unnecessary toll fees within couple days. Thanks KaKao!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kakao Corp.
- 210.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Kakao Corp.