KakaoTalk is an easy, no-cost, multifaceted messaging app. Send messages, photos, videos, voice notes and your location for free. Make chatting extra fun with an array of emoticons and sticker collections.
More about KakaoTalk:
- Chosen by more than 150 million users worldwide
- Fast, fun, easy way to communicate with friends and family
- Uses Internet connection (3G or Wi-Fi) for calls and messaging
- FAST: Speedy & reliable messaging no matter what your network
- FREE CHATS: FREE messages & multimedia (photos, videos, voice notes)
- FREE CALLS: High-quality voice & video calls (1:1 and group)
- EMOTICONS: Express it all with our included emoticons PLUS select from endless sticker collections in our Item Store
- GROUP CHAT: Chat with an unlimited number of friends
- PLUS FRIEND: Get coupons & deals from your favorite brands
- VOICE FILTER: Filter your voice calls for fun with Talking Tom & Ben voice filters
Other Standout Features:
- Share your location
- See who read your messages (unread count)
- Multitask during free calls (send messages in other chatrooms)
- Schedule appointments, lunches, gatherings (w/ reminders)
- Use KakaoTalk on any smartphone and PC (multi-platform)
- Have even more fun with Kakao mobile games
KakaoTalk is updated regularly in order to provide you a better service.
This update includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
love this app
I really enjoy using KakaoTalk, I message my boyfriend everyday on the app with no problems as far as I know. I love KakaoTalk because you can change the font and theme on kakao.. but I recommend KakaoTalk to add more themes. KakaoTalk should also upgrade more for iPhone users, I’ve tried purchasing the emoticons before but it was really difficult and wouldn’t let me but than again I’ll make sure to try again.
KakaoTalk is nice and private, the messaging is fantastic I think. The emoticons are very cute and funny which makes KakaoTalk even better. I prefer KakaoTalk over the line app.. I think it works better and looks great. I really enjoy Kakao and I think people should definitely give it a try. In my opinion it’s a very very good messaging app to get in contact with others. I highly recommend this app to anyone who is reading my review. :)
Love it! But . . .
I love everything about this app, it’s so customizable, cute, creative, and just, amazing! There is a very bothering issue that I really don’t like though. When you are in a very active group chat, you may have up to over 600 notifications a day, and having that much notifications on my phone REALLY drains its battery. I personally am not on group chats very often, so notifications for them aren’t important. I decided to mute them, but the badges on the app still appear, and my battery STILL drains quickly because of it. You may say to just turn off notifications completely, but I still want notifications for individual chats, as I don’t want to have to keep hopping back onto the app over and over again to check if I have new messages. Adding a feature which allows you to completely disable or mute group chat notifications without having badges too would be AMAZING, and the app would then be perfect for me. Please consider this suggestion! Overall, amazing app!
I used to use Kakao a long time ago and i was trying to get into my old account. Since that was not possible i created a new but in this one i am banned of doing almost anything except for messaging those who i have directly contacted. I try making the open profile thing but it keeps saying i am banned even though i clearly haven’t done anything mentioned in the list. The app seems really good, compared to before it have so many new options but sadly i haven’t being able to use them because of this banned that makes no sense. I will change my review in the future and notify how long it took to unbanned me. I hope not long.
- Kakao Corp.
- 499.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © KAKAO Corp
- In-App Purchases
- Item Ticket $1.99
- 200 CHOCO $1.99
- Item Ticket $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.