KakaoTalk is an easy, no-cost, multifaceted messaging app. Send messages, photos, videos, voice notes and your location for free. Make chatting extra fun with an array of emoticons and sticker collections.
More about KakaoTalk:
- Chosen by more than 150 million users worldwide
- Fast, fun, easy way to communicate with friends and family
- Uses Internet connection (LTE or Wi-Fi) for calls and messaging
- Fast : Speedy & reliable messaging no matter what your network
- Free chats : FREE messages & multimedia (photos, videos, voice notes)
- Free calls: High-quality voice & video calls (1:1 and group)
- Emoticons: Express it all with our included emoticons PLUS select from endless sticker collections in our Item Store
- Group Chat: Chat with an unlimited number of friends
- kakaotalk Channel : Get coupons & deals from your favorite brands
- Voice Filter: Filter your voice calls for fun with Talking Tom & Ben voice filters
- Talk Drive : Automatically store and easily manage data you exchange daily through talk drive plus
Other Standout Features:
- Share your location
- See who read your messages (unread count)
- Multitask during free calls (send messages in other chatrooms)
- Schedule appointments, lunches, gatherings (w/ reminders)
- Use KakaoTalk on any smartphone and PC (multi-platform)
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
• Improvements on Image editor
: You can draw errors in the drawing tool.
: You can enter words in an image.
: Try to edit and share images you've received from your friends.
• Added a thumbnail area for bundled speech bubbles
: You can now see previews of group photos in the group photo detail view.
Ratings and Reviews
If you’re a Korean, get it.
If you’re not, I don’t know why you would? I love the app. It’s super cute. However, when it comes to content sharing, it optimizes too much and completely destroys the integrity of the original content. (This may be highly subjective and the end users would probably never notice it. I’m in a tech industry and I think it’s very disruptive to the user experience esp the senders.) I know you were able to customize it in the setting, but it is so hidden I’ve basically given up trying to find it or it’s no longer an option. Also, I just tried sharing video contents with captions, and... there’s a major glitch. If you try to finagle with the cursor it completely wipes out everything you’ve typed. This is a simple glitch. Please fix it. I used iphone 12, iOS 14.4.1, KakaoTalk Version 9.2.3
It’s Good But Can Seriously Use Some Upgrades
I hopped back on to KakaoTalk after hearing how WhatsApp was bought out from FB and how our data is no longer safe (meaning they’re tracking us and listening in on us). And since none of my American friends are using it, I needed to convince them to move from WhatsApp to this app. However, adding friends was a huuuuuge problem! Even if we were both in each other’s contact list (in our phone), KakaoTalk would give us an error message saying that we can’t add people who we’ve never talked to before, yet some stranger was able to message/ask my friend to “add” them. Eventually it worked bc I went through the “search” and typed in her number manually again. So that needs a fixing! People you have numbers for and they appear on your “friends” list but you can’t talk to them.
Another thing is the GIF, why is it not in the menu option?! You have to have it as part of your keyboard, it would basically take you out of the messaging part and then it doesn’t have a space for you to write a message with the GIF like WhatsApp does!
However, with all of that being said, the app is really cute! With lots of cute stickers (and a lot more if you feel like paying for them!)
Love it! But . . .
I love everything about this app, it’s so customizable, cute, creative, and just, amazing! There is a very bothering issue that I really don’t like though. When you are in a very active group chat, you may have up to over 600 notifications a day, and having that much notifications on my phone REALLY drains its battery. I personally am not on group chats very often, so notifications for them aren’t important. I decided to mute them, but the badges on the app still appear, and my battery STILL drains quickly because of it. You may say to just turn off notifications completely, but I still want notifications for individual chats, as I don’t want to have to keep hopping back onto the app over and over again to check if I have new messages. Adding a feature which allows you to completely disable or mute group chat notifications without having badges too would be AMAZING, and the app would then be perfect for me. Please consider this suggestion! Overall, amazing app!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kakao Corp.
- 497 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © KAKAO Corp
- In-App Purchases
- Item Ticket $1.99
- 200 CHOCO $1.99
- Item Ticket $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.