Also known as Cross Sums, Kakuro is a mix between a crossword and sudoku puzzle. Unlike a crossword puzzle where the clue is a word or phrase, a Kakuro clue is a number that the corresponding answer cells must add up to. That’s where the sudoku part comes in. Each clue has at least 2 and no more than 9 answer cells. Each answer cell must be a single digit (1-9). Duplicate digits are not allowed within a clue (4 = 1+3, 4 ≠ 2+2).
Each puzzle has a unique solution that can be solved without guesswork.
Get an amazing Kakuro experience:
● clean, minimalist design
● simple, intuitive controls take the hassle out of solving Kakuro puzzles electronically
● thousands of puzzles (all free)
● puzzle progress is auto-saved
● multiple sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 9x9, 9x11)
● multiple layouts for each size
● multiple difficulties and control types
● stats include your ranking vs others who have completed the same puzzle
● challenge others to beat your solve time
● drag to select/deselect multiple digits at once
● sync data (stats, challenges and in-progress puzzles) between devices with a free KakuroGame.com account
● works offline
● can be played in portrait or landscape orientation
● dark theme for reduced glare and improved night viewing
● phone and tablet support
Challenge your brain with Kakuro anywhere, anytime!
• The new Dark Theme reduces glare and improves night viewing
• Fixed issue of most recent update where app did not run correctly on first launch after install
• Various other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I really like the updates and challenge. Thank you for continual improvements on best version of the game out there.
Best Kakuro version
Love this version. Fun to play and easy to solve. Minimum ads too
Great game to play in your free time! Really makes your brain work!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.