Kakuro one of the oldest logic grid puzzels now comes to your iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch. They say: Use it or lose it - enter Kakuro! This tricky brain-trainer improves your logical thinking ability every day. It peps your synapses and keeps you on the ball in your daily life.
And this is how it works: With Kakuro you are continuously solving new ingenious mathematical puzzles. The field setup resembles that of a crossword with numbers instead of letters and sums instead of word definitions. You have to reach the given sums by cleverly filling the fields. The catch is: only the numbers 1 to 9 are allowed in each row and every number is allowed just one time.
Additionally, using the clever virtual pencil, you gain innovative game control, which will allow you to solve even complex fields in no time, making the mobile version of Kakuro simply more fun.
The game offers different levels of difficulty, so you can improve your abilities step by step. Break your own records in offline mode or play online against the best players in the world. And if you love challenges: the „Daily Kakuro“ provides all players with a new unique game field and a new online ranking list every day.
By the way: Kakuro is also called Kakra, Cross Sums or Cross Addition and in Japan is almost as popular as Sudoku. You have a new iPhone 4? Even better: of course the game uses the high resolution retina display – for crystal clear pictures. And also on the iPad Kakuro shines with HD resolution!
• Train your brain
• Innovative game control
• Play for the top score in the Daily Kakuro
• Player´s ranking, online and offline
• Retina Display support
• Thinking help with pencil mode
- new map for daily mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Every time you pick a number this app does special effects which are annoying. It's sounds are too loud even when app volume is at its lowest level.
Eh, it's ok
I like that there's no timer. I don't like that the game only has 3 different puzzles to play for free. It's too lite for me. Deleted it!
I don't completely understand scoring. Anyone could copy a chart on pause and enter it in any order to get highest. The puzzles don't change
Room for improvement
This is a fun and addicting app but has some drawbacks that need to be improved upon.
1. When you leave the app, you lose your game. There is no way to save your progress. This is very frustrating, especially on a phone where you're likely to get phone calls or texts to interrupt your game.
2. The scoring system makes no sense to me. I've blown through puzzles very quickly and got a mediocre score, and other times it's taken me a while with errors and still had an excellent score (with the same difficulty and puzzle size). I couldn't find an explanation of the scoring system anywhere within the app.
3. There should be an option to not let you know that you made a mistake. Some people like to figure that out on their own.
4. When the wheel is at the top of the screen, the screen won't adjust to show the top of the wheel, but it adjusts going any other direction.
If not for these complaints I would definitely give it five stars. Unfortunately, I read these same complaints before downloading it several months ago, and the developer never made these changes, so it's not likely to happen.
- Ralf Zimmer
- 21.1 MB
Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Ralf Zimmer Zaubersee
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.