Spot the differences. Merge in seconds.
With text merge, three-way merge, folder comparison, and the ability to ignore whitespace-only differences, Kaleidoscope integrates perfectly with the version-control systems you already use.
Easy Workflow Integration
- Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Perforce support
- Works as a fully functional diff or merge tool
- Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
- Three powerful display modes
- Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
- Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
- Review code changes and resolve conflicts
- Intelligently auto-merge the right content
File & Folder Comparison
- Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
- Sort and filter down to what matters most
- Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
- Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
- Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
- Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast “difference mask”
Optimized for macOS
- Beautiful, modern UI made to feel at home on your Mac
- Full-screen mode for focusing on your content
- Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
PRAISE FOR KALEIDOSCOPE
"Kaleidoscope epitomizes the concept of “versatile software”: anyone can pick it up and use it, and the app will “scale” according to a user’s needs." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Kaleidoscope 2 is breeze. I wish I'd had something like Kaleidoscope when I wrote my first novel, and I'll be counting on it when I finally get around to writing the next one." - Rene Ritchie, iMore.com
"It’s beautifully designed, fast and wonderful to use. It’s become an essential part of my toolkit already." - Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web
"The new Kaleidoscope is great, and has awesome and committed people behind it. Devs and designers need this tool." - @SteveStreza
"I just bought Kaleidoscope app! It has already saved my time greatly once (by comparing SQL from clipboard). Thank you!" - @befive_info
"Kaleidoscope 2 is the best merging tool for the Mac, hands down. I finally don't miss BeyondCompare." - @stefankendall
If you have any questions or feedback about Kaleidoscope, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about important Kaleidoscope updates and announcements by following @kaleidoscopeapp and @blackpixel on Twitter.
Kaleidoscope 2.2.2 is a minor update that fixes a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Good for merging
It’s a pretty useful tool for merging, which is my main use. It now can handle fairly large .xcodeproj files, something it’s struggled with in the past.
Great Idea but not optimized to actually work.
I love the idea of this app and UI/UX design but sadly the app crashes too often & everytime you press copy and try to actually run the task.
So I now just use it as a visual checker and manually transfer on Finder which then it really makes this app not worth the money. I’m still willing to wait and give it a chance but you MUST work on the backend to fix these crashes and review the crash reports plz.
One thing i would like added is a progress bar or a Que to see that status of individual tasks or all tasks. PLEASE fix the crashing issues.
Working on an iMac Pro just FYI if that helps.
Ideas from developer.
At the right pane I see the old file name (before renaming) but the file has a new name.
Bad visualization of differences on scroll pane - light gray color on light background - should be colored.
On the left pane which contain list of files all directory titles is so small - add more font size and/or make color darker.
Please, add color manager for differences - my eyes want to cry!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.