This is the PREVIOUS VERSION of Kaleidoscope. Please DO NOT BUY, unless you can't update your computer to macOS Big Sur. Look for Kaleidoscope 3 instead.
Spot the differences. Merge in seconds.
With text merge, three-way merge, folder comparison, and the ability to ignore whitespace-only differences, Kaleidoscope integrates perfectly with the version-control systems you already use.
Easy Workflow Integration
- Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Perforce support
- Works as a fully functional diff or merge tool
- Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
- Integrate with the Xcode debugger for text and graphics
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
- Three powerful display modes
- Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
- Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
- Review code changes and resolve conflicts
- Intelligently auto-merge the right content
File & Folder Comparison
- Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
- Sort and filter down to what matters most
- Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
- Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
- Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
- Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast “difference mask”
Optimized for macOS
- Beautiful, modern UI made to feel at home on your Mac
- Full-screen mode for focusing on your content
- Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
PRAISE FOR KALEIDOSCOPE
"Kaleidoscope epitomizes the concept of “versatile software”: anyone can pick it up and use it, and the app will “scale” according to a user’s needs." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Kaleidoscope 2 is breeze. I wish I'd had something like Kaleidoscope when I wrote my first novel, and I'll be counting on it when I finally get around to writing the next one." - Rene Ritchie, iMore.com
"It’s beautifully designed, fast and wonderful to use. It’s become an essential part of my toolkit already." - Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web
"The new Kaleidoscope is great, and has awesome and committed people behind it. Devs and designers need this tool." - @SteveStreza
"I just bought Kaleidoscope app! It has already saved my time greatly once (by comparing SQL from clipboard). Thank you!" - @befive_info
"Kaleidoscope 2 is the best merging tool for the Mac, hands down. I finally don't miss BeyondCompare." - @stefankendall
If you have any questions or feedback about Kaleidoscope, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn about important Kaleidoscope updates and announcements by following @kaleidoscopeapp on Twitter.
* New first screenshot
* Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A little pricey, but certainly powerful
I'd heard about Kaleidoscope many times before deciding to buy it. It always seemed like a handy thing to have around, but the price tag made me hesitate. Eventually, I found myself in a situation where I needed to compare lots of folders on external drives to figure out what was different between two backups, so I bit the bullet.
What's really striking to me is that from a computational perspective, comparing text, images, and directory structures are fundamentally different tasks. Despite that, Kaleidoscope handles them all, and it does so very elegantly. I'll definitely be keeping it around.
The best by far
I've been a fulltime developer for over a decade, tried other tools, and there's just nothing else that comes close to Kaleidoscope.
Something I love about it versus the alternatives is that it's often able to fix conflicts automatically that my source control system was not, and so just launching Kaleidoscope app fixes the problem without me doing anything.
Also it looks really good. I don't think anyone ever asked for a merge tool needed to be pretty, but it is, and it makes using anything else totally unpalatable.
A solid utility tool
While Kaleidoscope is idiosyncratic in several ways, it is powerful and full-featured; it competently serves as a good visual diff.
I don't use the integrations, so I can't speak to them, but the multiple comparison sets, and being able to compare images and text in the same utility, and navigate repos makes maintaining projects or just working with casual tasks easy.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Letter Opener GmbH
- 23.1 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 Letter Opener GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.