Quickly master the Japanese Hiragana and Katakana syllabaries.
- 4 different test modes to quickly and effectively build your recall and retention of kana.
- Uses a graduated spaced learning technique to focus on the kana you have the most difficulty with.
- Study mode contains native speaker sound files.
- On the iPad, practice your pronunciation and compare to native pronunciation.
- Dashboard to easily track your progress.
- Earn ninja badges as you gain expertise.
Kana Tutor includes the basic 46 Hiragana and Katakana characters. An in-product purchase is available to remove ads and provide access to over 100 additional kana.
* Various issues with test setup
* Sound didn't play to default speaker on iPhones
* Periodic problems connecting to the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Best one I’ve used
Most apps that I’ve used for kana don’t have a writing feature so that you can practice drawing the kana, and even if they do, the system is so strict that it will count your answer wrong because it cannot read the answer correctly. With this app, it allows you to check your answer yourself, this way you won’t get the answer wrong due to a programming error. Therefore, this app is my first choice for learning kana.
It’s so great
I used this app to learn Japanese hiragana and katakana
But it’s crash every time I open study .
Except for that , this app is awesome! You can take test as you want
10 questions ! No wait 50 questions !! No ? How about more than 100 questions ! 300 or 1000 questions
It’s really great app
In like 2 month using this app I learned all the hiragana and katakana
You can try it and see your self it’s free after all
This app is free and has plenty of options. Worth downloading to check it out.
- Twin Pines Software Inc.
- 41.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Twin Pines Software Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Additional Kana $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.