The smart way to drill Japanese vocab and kanji…
KanjiBox is an offline Japanese studying application. It provides an efficient yet fun way to practice all aspects of Japanese (kana, kanji, vocab, reading, writing...) through drills, quizzes and flash cards, while providing engaging feedback through progress charts, scores and game-like "achievements" for each Japanese level.
KanjiDraw and KanaDraw add-ons harvest the full power of your device's touchscreen to guide you through proper Japanese handwriting, while detailed animated cards tell you everything you need to know on each kanji.
KanjiBox is particularly well suited for standardized test preparation (JLPT, Kanji Kentei, Ninja Academy etc.) but works great as a personal study tool too.
(check the link, below, for a video showing some of the features in action)
• Six training levels: JLPT N5 to JLPT N1, plus an extra "Sensei" level.
• Adaptative learning: focuses on your weak points and uses spaced repetition (SRS) techniques to help you learn faster.
• Live stats: let you measure your current level and gauge your progress.
• Online scoreboards and GameCenter achievements: compete globally against all KanjiBox users!
• Additional modules help you train your handwriting on kana and kanji using the touchscreen.
• Custom Study Sets let you pick your own set of vocabulary words or kanji to focus on.
• Over 6,000 kanji.
• Over 34,000 vocabulary words.
• Hiragana and katakana.
• Drill mode helps you train on kanji, vocabulary, word reading and kana.
• Quiz mode lets you log high scores and compete against friends.
• Study mode gives you customisable sets of flashcards.
Small bug fixes and additional translations for non-English languages.
Ratings and Reviews
Replaces all your other apps
Seriously, this app is like replacing every other app you currently have/use for learning Japanese besides maybe HumanJapanese and JapaneseApp (dictionary). You won't need Anki, Skritter, Memrise, Duolingo, Bunpo, Drops, StickyStudy, WaniKani, Goi, MindSnacks, iKnow!, iKanji, Scribe, or any other app that claims to teach Japanese.
It does nearly everything, does it well, and it does it without a subscription! Only things missing are a proper dictionary so get Japanese App, and some simple early explanations, so get Human Japanese.
Treat youself to the best Japanese learning app there is!!
Kanji study is fun
Briefly, this app on both iPad and iPhone has helped me learn more kanji than the laundry list of other apps and books that I've purchased. I like the new additions. I look forward to watching this app grow. KanjiDraw and KanaDraw are easily worth the money as are the new grammar sets. My only small niggle is that the design could use a touch up, but that is literally only cosmetic. The core is what counts and that's quite good.
Great app for kanji practice
This is a great app for people who have some experience with Japanese and also have the Imiwa app installed. There is great integration between the two, and with the recent updates this app has really become a polished learning environment. (Also updates are much more frequent than other Japanese apps.)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dave duVerle
- 148.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Dave duVerle
- In-App Purchases
- KanjiDraw $0.99
- KanaDraw $0.99
- Grammar - Beginner I: Particles $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.