Meet Kapten, the ride hailing app that cares about its users! Your benefits: an exclusive loyalty program, affordable fares fixed before ordering and a local and responsive customer service.
Already more than 2 million loyal customers, and more than 20,000 drivers at your service! Available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, and now London.
"France’s alternative to Uber” - Financial Times
“The French leader in ride-hailing” - BFM
- Upfront pricing starting at £5
- Seamless payment in the app
- Available 24/7
- 4 min average waiting time
- Bookings - ideal for your airport trips
- Exclusive loyalty program
- 100% of taxes paid locally
THOUSANDS OF REVIEWS
- “Great ride hailing app, I can’t live without it!”
- “Amazing! Finally drivers who care.”
- “Fast, efficient and very user friendly.”
- “Great app, great service... Forget Paris taxis!"
- “Since I heard about it, I only use Kapten.”
- “Better than Uber, better than Taxify. Five-star customer service.”
AND MUCH MORE
- Check nearby drivers in real-time
- Ability to let your driver know of your destination once in the car and on the trip
- Receive notifications for each step of your trip
- Fill in your flight number, and your driver will wait for you at Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, City Airport, CDG (Roissy) Airport, Orly Airport, Saint-Exupéry airport and Nice Côte d'Azur airport
- Easily meet your driver at train stations, especially at Waterloo Station, Victoria Station, Liverpool Street Station, St. Pancras International, Gare du Nord and many more
- Pay with your debit card or with Apple Pay
- 100% of your in-app tips go to the driver
- Customer service available seven days a week
- Greater London
- Paris and Ile-de-France: Paris, Versailles, Créteil, Argenteuil, Cergy, Saint-Denis, Montreuil, Aubervilliers, Boulogne-Billancourt, Nanterre, Colombes, Courbevoie, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Levallois-Perret, Disneyland Paris, Paris airports (CDG, Orly), and more
- Greater Lyon: Lyon, Villeurbanne, Vénissieux, Saint-Exupéry airport, and more
- French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Antibes, Nice Côte d'Azur airport, and more
- More cities coming!
- Web : https://www.kapten.com/uk
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/KaptenUnitedKingdom
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/kaptenuk
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/kaptenuk
So, where are we taking you?
We regularly update the Kapten app to improve your experience. The latest version includes the following improvements:
- Improved ordering experience
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great efficient fun service
Our driver Miguel was fantastic! He spoke perfect English so communicating with him very easy. He arrived within 3 minutes of my requesting a ride, so be ready to go when you submit your request. He drove safely and without delay getting us to our hotel in no time. He offered great suggestions on things to do in Lisbon and surrounding towns and was a very gracious driver. His car was very nice, super clean and comfortable. We highly recommend Miguel and the KAPTEN driving service.
The KAPTEN App is easy to use too! We love it. While some responses are in Portuguese, it is easy to copy/ paste them into the Google Translate app and easily understand the communications. Have fun in Lisbon knowing you can get a ride anywhere easily with KAPTEN.
Worked great at first but then........
The App worked flawlessly for three days and then it stopped accepting my credit card all of a sudden. It gave an error when requesting a ride. I know my card is good having used it all over Paris. I tried registering a second credit card but was rejected. I reached out to customer service and was told that it was my banks error. However, I spoke with my bank and all looked good from their end. I tried using the app again the next day and the same error occurred. But this time even though a ride was not placed, I immediately received an alert from my bank saying that an authorization has been placed on my card from Kapten. Once again I reached out to their customer service only to be given a lecture about credit card authorizations. If an authorization was approved it means my credit card is working just fine. Kapten is a joke! Stick with Uber instead. It might be a little more pricey but it’s certainly more reliable. Don’t waste your time with Kapten. It left me stranded in Paris rush hour!
Needs some work
As others have mentioned, I had trouble with the payment processing using Apple Pay. Finally able to get it working after 3-4 unsuccessful tries.
My biggest gripe is that the app doesn't tell you what color the car is that's picking you up, and the car on the map shows as white so my first time I spent 5 minutes looking around for a white car when it was grey the whole time. Seems like a really easy addition that would make the experience much better for a passenger. I also miss the route information that shows on the map in other ride sharing apps
- 84.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Transcovo SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.