Meet Kapten, the ride hailing app that cares about its users! Your benefits: an exclusive loyalty program, affordable fares fixed before ordering and a local and responsive customer service.
Already more than 2 million loyal customers, and more than 20,000 drivers at your service! Available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, Lisbon, Geneva and now London.
"France’s alternative to Uber” - Financial Times
“The French leader in ride-hailing” - BFM
- Upfront pricing starting at £5
- Seamless payment in the app
- Available 24/7
- 4 min average waiting time
- Bookings - ideal for your airport trips
- Exclusive loyalty program
- 100% of taxes paid locally
THOUSANDS OF REVIEWS
- “Great ride hailing app, I can’t live without it!”
- “Amazing! Finally drivers who care.”
- “Fast, efficient and very user friendly.”
- “Great app, great service... Forget Paris taxis!"
- “Since I heard about it, I only use Kapten.”
- “Better than Uber, better than Taxify. Five-star customer service.”
AND MUCH MORE
- Check nearby drivers in real-time
- Ability to let your driver know of your destination once in the car and on the trip
- Receive notifications for each step of your trip
- Fill in your flight number, and your driver will wait for you at Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, City Airport, CDG (Roissy) Airport, Orly Airport, Saint-Exupéry airport and Nice Côte d'Azur airport
- Easily meet your driver at train stations, especially at Waterloo Station, Victoria Station, Liverpool Street Station, St. Pancras International, Gare du Nord and many more
- Pay with your debit card or with Apple Pay
- 100% of your in-app tips go to the driver
- Customer service available seven days a week
- Greater London
- Paris and Ile-de-France: Paris, Versailles, Créteil, Argenteuil, Cergy, Saint-Denis, Montreuil, Aubervilliers, Boulogne-Billancourt, Nanterre, Colombes, Courbevoie, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Levallois-Perret, Disneyland Paris, Paris airports (CDG, Orly), and more
- Greater Lyon: Lyon, Villeurbanne, Vénissieux, Saint-Exupéry airport, and more
- French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Antibes, Nice Côte d'Azur airport, and more
- Canton of Geneva
- Canton of Vaud: Lausanne, Montreux, Yverdon-les-Bains, and more
- Lisbon: Lisbon, Amadora, Almada and more
- More cities coming!
- Web : https://www.kapten.com/uk
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/KaptenUnitedKingdom
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/kaptenuk
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/kaptenuk
So, where are we taking you?
Ahoy there London - this is your Kapten speaking - we have sailed across the channel and landed in London! Kapten - the leading French ride-hailing app is now here on UK shores and ready to take you anywhere! Being French, and obsessed with 'l'amour', we want you to fall madly in love with us... We know you may already be 'involved' with another app, but we are sure once you give us a try, you will be uber-surprised and fall head over heels for our 5 star service, low and fixed prices and our loyalty program.
Ratings and Reviews
professional & dependable
Have been using Chauffeur Privé in Paris regularly for a couple of years and have found them to be very reliable, the drivers courteous and professional. Very pleased with this service.
Worked great at first but then........
The App worked flawlessly for three days and then it stopped accepting my credit card all of a sudden. It gave an error when requesting a ride. I know my card is good having used it all over Paris. I tried registering a second credit card but was rejected. I reached out to customer service and was told that it was my banks error. However, I spoke with my bank and all looked good from their end. I tried using the app again the next day and the same error occurred. But this time even though a ride was not placed, I immediately received an alert from my bank saying that an authorization has been placed on my card from Kapten. Once again I reached out to their customer service only to be given a lecture about credit card authorizations. If an authorization was approved it means my credit card is working just fine. Kapten is a joke! Stick with Uber instead. It might be a little more pricey but it’s certainly more reliable. Don’t waste your time with Kapten. It left me stranded in Paris rush hour!
app was working fine for first few days - I used it for about 5-6 rides until one day they came out with a 50% off promo and I used it once before all of a sudden the app stopped working, saying there is something wrong with my payment account. When I messaged customer service they were adamant to say there is something wrong with my credit card but I know it’s not true because I had been using the same card for 5-6 rides already and I’ve continued to use the same card without an issue elsewhere. Tried registering other cards and they didn’t work either. Pretty sure what happened was they pushed too good of a promo and realized they were losing too much money, so they just turned off the payment function and blamed it on customers.
- 97.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Transcovo SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.