Deep breathing exercise for stress relief, relaxation, meditation & better sleep
Do you feel stressed, anxious or unfocused? Do you have trouble falling asleep? A simple paced breathing exercise can help you in a few minutes.
Let Kardia guide your breath with sounds and the calm movement of the sphere. Feel your body and mind relax, and your heart rate vary in harmony with your breath. This powerful and simple exercise is accessible to everyone, including kids.
- Stress relief
- Calm down anxiety attacks
- Cardiac coherence
- Sleep aid: fight insomnia by focusing on slow breathing
- Deep relaxation
- Meditation sessions and sophrology exercises
- Concentration improvement
- Breathing rate between 5 and 7 cycles/min, with inhalation-exhalation ratio setting
- Exercise duration between 1 minute and 1 hour.
- Usable without looking at the screen thanks to guiding sounds
During ten days, try those exclusive features for free:
- Large choice of high quality relaxing sound sets
- Breathing rate between 1 and 15 cycles/min
- Target mode, allows to slow down or speed up breathing rate during the session
- Advanced mode, with 0.1s precision on inhalation and exhalation durations
Unlock all those features with a single in-app purchase.
HRV, PACED BREATHING AND CARDIAC COHERENCE
With Kardia, you can practice heart rate variability (HRV) training through paced breathing. By breathing at a specific rate, around 5.5 cycles/min, your HRV increases and becomes regular. This state is known as cardiac coherence, or cardio-respiratory coherence. Many scientific studies have demonstrated that it has beneficial effects on stress and anxiety level, blood pressure, depression and sleep.
The best breathing rate is different for everyone. With Kardia, you can set very precisely the exercise frequency, so you will just need a few tries to find out the value that gives you the best results.
- Target mode and Advanced mode are now part of Kardia's free features, with the ability for everyone to set the breathing rate between 1 and 15 cycles per minute.
- The application's customization settings (sounds, display, vibrations) are accessible through the in-app purchase.
- If you have not made the in-app purchase yet, you have another 10 days to try out all the features of the App.
New features and improvements:
- You can now change the background color
- Full-screen display option: follow your exercise in the dark using the light projected by the screen on the walls and ceiling
- Vibration option: the device vibrates once at the end of each inhalation and exhalation, and three times at the end of the session
- Visual cues option: two circles indicate the minimum and maximum size of the sphere, making it easier to locate oneself in the breathing cycle
- Lock screen function allows to practice with your phone in your pocket
- A warning is displayed when the app is launched with the device in Silent Mode
- Improved layout of the user interface on iPhone X, XS and XR
- The three application modes are now accessible from a single button on the main screen
Ratings and Reviews
Instant stress relief. Better than drugs. The effects are quite noticeable, it's easy to do and it only takes a few minutes so be sure to run the whole cycle to fully experience the benefits. In times of stress I can simply open this app and touch "play," thanks to the beautifully simple design. My body needed one or maybe two breaths to get comfortable with the rhythm at the very beginning, but what has followed ever since then is bliss. Just inhale and exhale in time with the dot and music as it expands and contracts. Your brain will do the rest.
Best breath pacer that I have found!
I love this breath pacer. It is the only one I’ve found that had a pleasant audio sound for the in-breath and then the out-breath so that I can close my eyes to do my practice. You can adjust the inhale/exhale ratio incrementally. You can also adjust the breaths per minute very incrementally (by .25 of a breath). The controls are easy to use and learn. The only thing that would make it better for me is if I could set the timer for longer than 5 minutes. 😊
Wonderfull application helped my heart.
I love this app. It is my daily "friend". I started using it after my HRV test and the app was recommended me by my doctor as a tool to tame my rapid pulse and manage stress . After using it for a few months with my personal setting ( from HRV test) I forgot about my SVT and I am amazed that you can treat this heart condition just with the proper personal breath pattern avoiding beta blockers medication or an ablation procedure. I am very happy. I feel blessed. Thank you.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Olivier Tache
- 72.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2019 Olivier Tache
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Kardia $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.