Harness the enormous power of 8 polyphonic synths: meet KASPAR Supersynthesizer! Featuring our cutting edge Multi-Engine Automorphing SuperSynthesis technology, KASPAR is a gigantic machine. A total of 24 oscillators, 8 filters, 8 arps; extensive morphing, automorphing, and layering abilities; a powerful modulation system; poly aftertouch; 2 FX Busses filled with fully stereo Yonac effects — just a few of the amazing features of this behemoth synth!
KASPAR comes with tons of pro features. In addition to extensive MIDI capabilities, Inter-App Audio, and Audiobus, it also works as an Audio Unit plug in. Just fire it up in GarageBand or your favorite DAW for even more KASPAR goodness!
Top Notch Sound Generation
• 8 fully-featured polyphonic synth engines, each with,
— 3 oscillators (24 systemwide total!)
— Over 20 unique waveforms per oscillator
— Special 6-stage ‘dADSHR’ envelopes
— 14 types of filters to choose from
— Dedicated filter envelope
— Arpeggiator with multiple modes
— Chordmaker - easily program & play chords by touching a single key
— Powerful modulation features (see below)
• Each synth has a dedicated mod assign matrix with 6 slots
• 20 mod targets to choose from, including pitch, timbre, filters and more
• Each target can be modulated by a continuous signal, as well as a control signal
• 2 LFOs per synth
• Modulation envelope
• Poly aftertouch
• Velocity, Mod Wheel & Key Tracking
• 4 morph groups with onscreen control pad
• Automorphing: simply draw a figure on the pad and KASPAR automatically tracks it
• Modulate the morph using the x- and y-controls
• 6 automorph trigger modes
• 4 automorph looping modes
• Adjustable, beat-syncable pathread & modulation speeds
• Combine the 8 KASPAR synth engines in infinite ways
• Each synth comes with dedicated volume and panning, as well as FX1 & FX2 send controls
• Conveniently map the synths to regions of the keyboard: great for ‘splitting’ or ‘layering’ multiple synth patches
• Each engine has its own transpose & drift controls, as well as adjustable pitch bending, velocity, and aftertouch ranges
• Two independent FX busses
• Each bus contains 8 state-of-the-art stereo FX specially designed for KASPAR
• Simply drag-and-drop to change FX signal flow
• FX include:
— Analog-modeling compressor
— 6 band parametric EQ with 9 filter options per band
— Stereo chorus with 10 parameters
— Stereo phaser
— Stereo flanger
— Amplifier with 4 virtual circuit types and 4 cabinet types
— Stereo delay with BPM syncing
— Algorithmic reverb with 14 parameters
• Standalone app features Inter-App Audio, Audiobus, and Ableton Link
• Comes packaged with FREE Audio Unit plugin, with native processing at any standard sample rate
• Crystal clear, super high quality audio generation
• Virtual ribbon control with polyphonic aftertouch, as well as classic keyboard
• Virtual KB velocity with adjustable sensitivity
• Extensive MIDI Learn options
• MIDI Maps manager with MIDI CC profile saving
• Over 300 high quality presets, including an exclusive bank by New Wave Presets
• Powerful preset management system: save, share & edit presets
• Recommended for iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 2, or newer
• Fixes an issue that caused process to get hung when launched as an AudioUnit inside GarageBand on iOS 12.1
• Allows audio output via bluetooth (e.g., bluetooth speakers, etc)
• Various other updates & improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There obviously is a lot to this beast and considering how many modules, eFX , etc, there are and the user interface is pretty good too. Sound quality on my iPad Pro is good. No artifacts when switching presets. It has a lot of categorized presets, and some really good ones at that. Lovin' 'Trance Chords' right now. Functional access to the keyboard while playing back a recording is great allowing playing along with yourself or some other imported recording. A very nice touch. It would be nicer if you could record the live playing back onto the recording that's playing, merging the two or adding a second track or something, at least I've not found a way.. Kaspar offers a boatload of features. The setting for changing between the traditional keyboard and the ribbon keys should not be buried in settings. It should be a toggle on the keyboard. Adding a ribbon strip controller would add even more sound versatility and playing style capabilities. They buried the note hold button on the Edit screen.
Sophistication with the live performance in mind
This one is a REAL gem. Yonac nailed it again; only more so and then some. They’ve managed to create a very sophisticated multi-Timbral synth here and as I’m sure some of you can imagine, one might worry about running the risk of losing hours and hours trying to in program patches among endless possibilities...after all even the most creative among us have lives to live. However, I have to say, for what and how much this synth is designed to do, the U/I is quick and easy to get comfortable with. Maximum functionality/ minimal navigation... and designed for live performance (which I love). The only change I’d make?... I would include amongst the 3 arpeggiator modes one where you could program the pattern/ or maybe include a sequencer just like Magellan’s. A big plus for me is that within the Oscillator module, one can choose from not only simple waveforms, but also a variety of complex as well.
- SuperJack- Chattanooga, TN.
Wow, Another Winner From Yonac!!!
I purchased this app even though I'm still on an iPad 4, as there will be a newer model in my future, just as soon as iOS 11 is officially released. To maximize performance on an iPad 4, go into Preferences and change the audio generation setting to Good, then change the Buffer Size to 512. I left the Polyphony at 8 but it can be lowered even further if needed. Of course, running a memory optimization app never hurts, as well as all the normal procedures for ensuring best audio performance in iOS.
Personally, I really like the presets...great variety, and lots of character, especially ripe with so many morphing and layering possibilities. This synth is going to be truly useful and fun to play with, I can feel it in my bones! Just have to learn and feel comfortable with the interface, as is usually the case with something a bit more complex. Once again, Yonac does not disappoint!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.