Get Arkansas weather information from KATV Channel 7 and Arkansas’ Most Experienced Weather Team! Led by Chief Meteorologist Barry Brandt, our team of meteorologists is dedicated to providing critical, up-to-date severe weather information and the most accurate forecasts. KATV Channel 7 has been the number one weather provider in Arkansas for decades.
The KATV Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
Ratings and Reviews
App is good most of the time
I like the app for quick access to the weekly weather and radar when necessary but I have had problems lately with the map not loading and currently can’t even see what the forecast says because the writing is in white and the background is blue with white clouds.
Very dependable for me.
I’ve been using this app from KATVWX for several years. It’s helped me while traveling in bad wx several times. In fact my wife and I both have this app on our phones and more than one time we have received wx alerts at the very same moment.
I’ve gotten out of flash flood situations a couple of times because of quick, accurate warnings.
About 5 years ago while traveling from Hattisburg, MS to Arkansas in very bad wx conditions, we received a tornado warning from the KATVWX app of a tornado
in our immediate area and told to take cover immediately. We were located just inside city limits of south side of McGee, MS on hwy 49. We were north bound. We pulled into service station immediately as there was dark clouds ahead of us north of McGee with lots of wind. I never saw a funnel but was glad to get the warning to take cover.
There has been other times of traveling through Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas in bad wx and I was always glad to know I was in touch with KATVWX app.
I always feel more secure when driving in bad wx knowing that I have KATVWX radar especially during possible tornados.
Tks to all those at KATV WEATHER for makings this possible. I rate you a 5 ⭐️
Dec ‘17 update takes three step backwards
For an APP that’s used (especially) in cases of severe weather and warnings- look for one that is more streamlined and with more immediate access.
Have used and depended on this app on both an iPad and iPhones for several years until this most recent update. The forecasts are reliable and as accurate as current science allows, however the presentation in this upgrade render it too fraught with inconvenience for the time spent to open and load.
* For mobile use and cellular data, the additional video feed load is superfluous and should be an optional item. Arkansas is a rural state with peaks and valleys and is oftentimes spotty between towers even on the interstates. For commuters having to travel in less populated areas, checking the forecast right before going off-grid now requires forethought and cannot be left to the last minute.
** Even on fiber optic high speed it takes longer to load for home use— going to the website has been quicker.
*** the cloud background behind the forecast renders white text illegible. NOTE: this has been fixed in more recent updates.
**** too many advertisers per screen, I would pay for this APP if there were NO sponsors and it were streamlined.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WJLA TV
- 104.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.