Our ocean report comes from a third party website, and they are currently experiencing difficulties. Until this is resolved, please go to @kauaibeachguide on Twitter or Kauai Beach Guide App on Facebook for daily updates on surf, conditions & advisories.
Find your perfect beach using the Kauai Beach Guide. The fully interactive GPS-enabled map, filtered searches, detailed beach information and up-to-date ocean, weather, and tide reports make this simple, quick and stress-free.
Kauai Beach Guide offers comprehensive information to help you find the safest, most tourist-friendly beaches on the island:
• Fully interactive, GPS-enabled map with one-tap access to driving directions from your location available.
• Filtered searches based on safety, child-friendliness, amenities, swimming, snorkeling, or bodyboarding.
• Daily wave height updates, weather for each coast and also any ocean advisories.
• Special color-coded pins tagging which beaches are lifeguarded, which are generally safe under good conditions, and which call for extreme caution.
• Instant access to general beach information, as well as parking, campgrounds, and two of the most stunning coastal hiking trails.
• Learn about local marine life, history, and nearby points of interest.
• Find out how “going green” during your stay helps preserve Kauai’s beaches and keeps them beautiful for future visitors.
• Vetted by local lifeguards and Dr. Monty Downs of the Kauai Ocean Safety Task Force.
Dive in now!
Updated to iOS 11 & Optimised for iPhone X. Added Brown Water Advisories and Surf Cam pages under Aloha Info.
Search for beaches from Spotlight.
Ratings and Reviews
So useful and easy to use!
Swimming in Hawaii is something you definitely want to be informed about and this app gives you all the relevant info you need! It’s well designed and easy to use. We loved it!!
Updates about every three days
Got this app to see the surf and weather conditions on all the beaches on the island but the app only updates every three days or so. For instance I’m writing this on the morning of April 16th and the reports are all as of 1:20 pm April 13th. How is that supposed to help me today?
Maybe there’s an in app purchase of a time machine that I missed! Otherwise the map of the island is helpful.
A must have for a safe and fun visit to Kauai
There is a lot of misinformation about beach safety on Kauai and many people have died from sheer ignorance or foolishness. This app can help address the first condition. I recommend it highly!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.