Our ocean report comes from a third party website, and they are currently experiencing difficulties. Until this is resolved, please go to @kauaibeachguide on Twitter or Kauai Beach Guide App on Facebook for daily updates on surf, conditions & advisories.
Find your perfect beach using the Kauai Beach Guide. The fully interactive GPS-enabled map, filtered searches, detailed beach information and up-to-date ocean, weather, and tide reports make this simple, quick and stress-free.
Kauai Beach Guide offers comprehensive information to help you find the safest, most tourist-friendly beaches on the island:
• Fully interactive, GPS-enabled map with one-tap access to driving directions from your location available.
• Filtered searches based on safety, child-friendliness, amenities, swimming, snorkeling, or bodyboarding.
• Daily wave height updates, weather for each coast and also any ocean advisories.
• Special color-coded pins tagging which beaches are lifeguarded, which are generally safe under good conditions, and which call for extreme caution.
• Instant access to general beach information, as well as parking, campgrounds, and two of the most stunning coastal hiking trails.
• Learn about local marine life, history, and nearby points of interest.
• Find out how “going green” during your stay helps preserve Kauai’s beaches and keeps them beautiful for future visitors.
• Vetted by local lifeguards and Dr. Monty Downs of the Kauai Ocean Safety Task Force.
Dive in now!
Update to iOS 12, updated surf cam links, updated North Shore info.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A quick reliable guide!
This is app is a quick resource for current conditions on Kauai. You can easily find a beach that suits your interest, whether snorkeling, boogie boarding, or surfing. Knowing If lifeguards are available and knowing if the waters pose any risks is extremely helpful. I always recommend this app to all my guests.
So useful and easy to use!
Swimming in Hawaii is something you definitely want to be informed about and this app gives you all the relevant info you need! It’s well designed and easy to use. We loved it!!
Updates about every three days
Got this app to see the surf and weather conditions on all the beaches on the island but the app only updates every three days or so. For instance I’m writing this on the morning of April 16th and the reports are all as of 1:20 pm April 13th. How is that supposed to help me today?
Maybe there’s an in app purchase of a time machine that I missed! Otherwise the map of the island is helpful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.