KB-1 MIDI Keyboard
KB-1 is a suite of expressive virtual keyboards and controllers designed for a multitude of scenarios.
Play multiple instruments simultaneously, complete with MIDI Polyphonic Expression, scales, chords, strumming and more.
- 8 distinct Keyboard Layouts
- Multiple Rows per Keyboard
- Multiple Octaves per Keyboard Row
- 15+ Scales (for layouts that support scales)
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
- Standalone operation with multiple Keyboards and dedicated MIDI outputs per Keyboard
- AUv3 MIDI Plugin
- Classic (Piano Keys + Wheels)
- Uniform (Seboard-style Keys and Layout)
- String (String-style Keys)
- Scale (Uniform layout with scale support)
- Chord (One key per chord for all scale degrees)
- Drum (up to 16 user mappable drum pads)
- XY (up to 2 configurable XY-Pads)
- CC (up to 16 user mappable knobs for CC control)
- Glide (horizontal)
- Slide (vertical)
- Velocity (mapped to y-axis)
- Pressure (iPhone only)
- AUv3 MIDI Instrument
- Inter-App MIDI
- USB MIDI
- BLE MIDI
- Network MIDI
- Added per-keyboard preset mangement including some factory presets
- Added mapping browser including some factory drum mappings
- Mappings can now be imported/exported
- Drum layout can now be set to ouput to individual MIDI channels per pad
- Root Note & Scale can now be changed from the main screen
- Roll/Note Repeat now brings up a dedicated control for setting the repeat rate
- Chord layout can now output the bass note to a 2nd MIDI channel (great for transposing sequences)
- Fixed an issue where the chord layout would not respect the MIDI channel setting
- AUv3: Fixed an issue where the plugin would crash when changing MPE/MIDI Channels
- Drum: fixed an issue where changing octaves per row would have no effect on the drum layout
- Fixed an issue where "Slide sends Aftertouch" option would not restore properly when loading a preset or session
- Fixed an issue where horizontal slide (glide) would not be completly smooth even at max sensitivity
- Fixed an issue where the Maj V7 chord was voiced incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where selecting mappings for the xy controller was not possible
- Fixed an issue where the MIDI output channel for some layouts was off by one when running the AUv3
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely tool that offers a lot
This type of tool should’ve been standard for all music applications that come out today on iOS. Especially the DAWs. This app is very well implemented as a standalone and Auv3. The settings page for Auv3 could use an improvement to show more info on-screen.
Someone left a recent review that stating this tool didn’t work in Cubasis. Maybe it didn’t once but, it works well now! Now if Cubasis would give me the option to make KB1 the default keyboard, things would be golden!
Reward yourself with the future touch keyboards for iOS.
app everyone needs to get the most out of your apps
The best keyboard app for playing multiple apps at once killer
Great Virtual Midi controller, almost
This is what I’ve been looking. Gives you Roli style MPE without the hardware. One thing I found was that it does not work in Cubasis right now. Even as standalone. Works in AUM, BeatMaker 3 and Korg Gadget, but no sound in Cubasis. Hopefully Kai can address this in fixes 😃. I’d really like to see this work in Cubasis.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.