Expressive Keyboard Suite
KB-1 MIDI Keyboard
KB-1 is a suite of expressive virtual keyboards and controllers designed for a multitude of scenarios.
Play multiple instruments simultaneously, complete with MIDI Polyphonic Expression, scales, chords, strumming and more.
- 8 distinct Keyboard Layouts
- Multiple Rows per Keyboard
- Multiple Octaves per Keyboard Row
- 15+ Scales (for layouts that support scales)
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
- Standalone operation with multiple Keyboards and dedicated MIDI outputs per Keyboard
- AUv3 MIDI Plugin
- Classic (Piano Keys + Wheels)
- Uniform (Seboard-style Keys and Layout)
- String (String-style Keys)
- Scale (Uniform layout with scale support)
- Chord (One key per chord for all scale degrees)
- Drum (up to 16 user mappable drum pads)
- XY (up to 2 configurable XY-Pads)
- CC (up to 16 user mappable knobs for CC control)
- Glide (horizontal)
- Slide (vertical)
- Velocity (mapped to y-axis)
- Pressure (iPhone only)
- AUv3 MIDI Instrument
- Inter-App MIDI
- USB MIDI
- BLE MIDI
- Network MIDI
- Added new Arp Modes Pedal Up, Pedal Down and Pedal Up/Down
- Added Arp transpose mode (appears with the arp enabled)
- Arpeggiator Variation control now adds ratchets in addition to repeats as it did previously
- Added an option to limit the number of MPE channels used (useful for synths that only have a set amount of voices like the OB-6)
- CC Layout now supports buttons in either toggle or momentary mode
- Standalone: Added Ableton Link support
- Standalone: Tempo control can now be tapped for a direct input prompt
- With the Arp running in Chance mode, probability can now be set using the Variation control
- Scale and Root selectors now support popover selection
- Fixed an issue where Pitch- & ModWheel would always transmit on channel 1 when using the AUv3 plugin
- Fixed an issue where using the Chord layout and Arp would not work properly with latch enabled
- Fixed an issue where the Arp timing would not respect sample rate changes
- Fixed an issue where the Arp mode UP/DOWN2 running over multiple octaves would repeat the first note of every octave
- Fixed an issue where the Arp mode UP/DOWN2 would not work properly with just one note active
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely tool that offers a lot
This type of tool should’ve been standard for all music applications that come out today on iOS. Especially the DAWs. This app is very well implemented as a standalone and Auv3. The settings page for Auv3 could use an improvement to show more info on-screen.
Someone left a recent review that stating this tool didn’t work in Cubasis. Maybe it didn’t once but, it works well now! Now if Cubasis would give me the option to make KB1 the default keyboard, things would be golden!
Reward yourself with the future touch keyboards for iOS.
Midi controller that works also for simple note input
I needed a MIDI controller for when I travel without a keyboard to work out ideas and do simple note input into Sibelius. This one is perhaps overkill, but it works flawlessly over Bluetooth without bothersome latency for something i really needed.
What I really like is that on the surface of my iPad I can have a six-octave keyboard, significantly speeding up note entry.
One less piece of gear to pack, this app is totally worth its price!
This is a great controller! I would love it if you added a strum feature and also a browse button for the modes instead of having to plus/minus through them, otherwise it’s awesome!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kai Aras
- 34 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Kai Aras
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.