Take the KCRA 3 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Sacramento and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the KCRA 3 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Sacramento breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our KCRA 3 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Sacramento weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Sacramento weather alerts and updates, First Alert weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, performance improvements and iOS 13 support.
Ratings and Reviews
News alerts should be newsworthy
I live in Lake County, and PAY additional money each month to follow channel 3 news which is, in my opinion, the best news coverage. Having said that, when I receive a news alert, I have to wait sometimes up to 5 minutes to open the alert and read what it is. Also, I wait that long and then read something that really is not all that “news worthy”. Please fix with your next update the alert delay because sometimes the information is important and should be read right away.
Long time user
I have had the KCRA App for a long time, I deleted it for about 3 months because I felt the content was mostly sensationalized pieces that had nothing to do with our local area. I added the app back recently, i’m still disappointed, some of the content has gotten better, however, the feature of pop up ads while reading an article has become beyond annoying. I know advertising is what makes the app free, I have no problem watching an advertisement before a video plays (it is annoying however I understand it makes the app free). Yet when just reading an article an advertisement pops up and blocks the entire screen and when it’s over I touch the X icon in the upper corner and the ad goes away for a few moments giving time to read just a few lines of the article and then the advertisement pops back up again. I changed settings for the app. I’ve deleted it and added it again and when reading the articles the pop-up ad comes back again and again and again and again. I can’t even read a full article. I’m done with this app.
I like the increased amount of stories, and the old app would often not display pictures or play videos, but this app has gone overboard on video. First, you have to scroll through large video still to find the news stories. That is slow. Then you have to wait and watch a thirty second commercial before each and every video. 30 seconds of ad before every story is ridiculous. Also, they have stories categorized by local communities. I wish they had a category for regional news. You would think a news site that bills itself as serving Northern California would have thought of that. If they don't tweak a few things I will not use the app much. Too few news stories as well, and some are stale old news. To keep a story that says "fire breaks out" for weeks is misleading.
- Hearst Television
- 84.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of KCRA-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.