Keeble is an iOS keyboard that allows users with fine motor-challenges, switch users and users with vision impairments to type in almost any app. The keyboard offers word prediction, timing options, Select on Release, Select on Dwell, auditory feedback and other accessibility features. It also fully supports Switch Control and VoiceOver.
Keeble is currently available in English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Czech and Polish. The keyboard also offers optimized layouts for simplified, advanced and scanning keyboards.
- Prevent accidental selections with Timing options
- Compensate for motor challenges with Select on Release or Select on Dwell
- Use scanning-optimized keyboards with Switch Control: ABC and frequency of use
- Turn on keyboard clicks
- Use spoken cues as you move your finger across the keyboard
- Hear each key, word or sentence you type with Speak as you Type
Self-learning word prediction
- Choose between word completion, next-word prediction or multi-word prediction
- Configure the number of suggestions and suggestion order
- Adjust the size of the prediction bar to your needs
Speed up typing
- Benefit from the phrase bank providing quick access to your iOS keyboard shortcuts
- Use the cursor keys to navigate through text quickly
- Turn Auto-Capitalization and Auto-Spacing ON or OFF
Optimize for different users
- Use with beginning readers and select lowercase key labels, ABC layout and colored vowels
- Customize for adults by allowing access to all characters and selecting QWERTY layout
- Choose from 5 different themes or create a custom theme
- Use Keeble on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Select one of the 11 available languages, including regional keyboard layouts
- Choose your preferred font, including dyslexic and school-friendly fonts
Version 4.2 introduces compatibility for iPad Pro 11” and iPad Pro 12.9” (3rd generation).
This version also includes bug fixes.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is ok but lags a lot whe typing fast. Please update the app. $25 is a lot for an app that does not responds as it shoud.
Developer Response ,
Mr Chorizzo, we are very sorry to hear that Keeble is lagging for you. Please know that we have not encountered this issue before. To try to fix this issue, please force close all apps (for instructions, please see: support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330), restart your device (for instructions, please see: support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559, and then see if the issue with Keeble continues. If you are still having trouble, please email email@example.com and our team will be happy to troubleshoot and learn more about your issue. Thank you! :-)
The future is accessible
Keeble is a big deal for disabled people like me. I am low vision and physically disabled. I can read and type on both my phone and tablet with greater ease. I am so glad Keeble exists for us.
Developer Response ,
Hi TalesofNorachu, thank you for sharing about how Keeble helps you and your positive review. We are happy to hear that Keeble makes your life easier. With all of our software, we always place the user at the center and try to create a level playing field. If you ever have questions about Keeble, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be happy to help you out. :-)
The update seems to have resolved the backspace key problem, but I haven't used it enough to be completely convinced yet. It was an intermittent problem.
Key shortcomings are that the keyboard lacks undo and redo keys. It also doesn't access the keyboard shortcuts that I've defined. I have many shortcuts in which two or three letters type an entire phrase. Not having these is very inconvenient.
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 238.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 AssistiveWare B.V.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.