Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again. Keep It is the successor to Together.
Available on iPhone and iPad, and a separate app for Mac, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
• Annotate PDF documents (and images on iOS 13)
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view for browsing items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Open multiple windows on iPadOS
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
• Drag and drop to organize on iPad
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Text recognition for scanned documents and images
• Create saved searches that match items against a set of rules
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Works with the Files app
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save and open documents in other apps
• Automate tasks with the Shortcuts app
Use of Keep It Mobile requires a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app.
A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available, and these include a free trial.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following the free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Add sketches to notes
- Thumbnails for web links
- Improvements for notes and rich text editing
- Export notes and Markdown documents as PDFs
- Drag and drop lists and items on iPhone
- Convert text files to notes when importing
- New and improved shortcuts
- Help files
- To add a sketch to a note on iOS 13, tap the add attachment button (+ in a circle) and tap Add Sketch.
- Sketches can be edited and exported by tapping and holding on them, and will always be displayed appropriately for light or dark mode
- Set a default style for new notes by tapping Aa, then the gear icon, then “Start Notes With” to choose the new style
- Added a Subheading note style
- It’s now possible to export notes as PDF documents
NOTES & RICH TEXT DOCUMENTS
- When a line starts with a bullet character, asterisk, dash or a number followed by a period and Return is pressed, the line will automatically be converted into the corresponding list style
- Improved printing of image attachments
- It’s now possible to export the rendered HTML of a Markdown file as a PDF document
- Keep It will now create thumbnails for web links
- A Safari button is now included in the toolbar
- Use the new “Search” shortcut to open Keep It and start searching All Items from the home screen
- When searching, pressing Return on a hardware keyboard dismisses the suggestions to show the results
- Drag and drop lists and items on iPhone
- Remove an item’s downloaded file with the context menu
- A “Convert Text Files to Notes” option will now be shown in the Import view or Share extension when adding a folder or appropriate file
- Added a “Convert Text Files to Notes” option to settings. When enabled, RTF and plain text files will be converted to Keep It notes when added via drag and drop. This is also the default setting for the Import view and Share extension
- The “Set Properties on Keep It Item” shortcut can now change an item’s Source URL, and whether or not it is a favorite
- Use the “Set Properties on Keep It List” shortcut to change list’s name, parent folder, or whether or not it is a favorite
- The “Add Text to Keep It” and “Append Text to Keep It” shortcuts can now specify a note style when creating or appending text to a Keep It note
- The “Add Files to Keep It” shortcut now has an option to convert text files to notes
- The “Add Web Link to Keep It” can now append a link to a note or editable text file. In addition, it’s now possible to specify a name for the link
- Use the “Add Keep It List” shortcut to add a folder or bundle, optionally specifying a parent folder
- Use the “Remove Keep It Item” shortcut to remove an item from a bundle or the library. When removed from the library, the item will be moved to Deleted Items
- When using the “add” and “append” x-callback-urls, a “style” parameter can specify the note style to use when creating or appending text to a Keep It note
- When using the “add” and “append” x-callback-urls to add or append text to a note or rich text item, a “link” parameter can specify a tappable link for the text
- There are now help files for Keep It. Tap the library settings button above the Lists view, then Help, then Browse Help
- Navigate back and forth through the history of viewed help pages using the arrow buttons in the toolbar
- Search help by swiping up or tapping the find button
- On iPad, tap the open in window button (next to the back button) to open the help in a new window. This can be positioned next to Keep It in Split View or Slide Over
- See What’s New in the latest major version of Keep It from the Help view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Perfect Information Manager
This app, along with the macOS counterpart, is by far the best file/information/data management app that’s out there. I have looked into Evernote, OneNote, Bear, DevonThink, and EagleFiler on the Mac and Keep It wins our over all of them. On top of that, it is by far the best designed app out of all of them. I hope the developer continues to keep it updated for years to come (that is one of my main concerns, however, everything can be exported or the developer ever stops supporting the app).
Searching (even within PDFs and some obscure file formats) has worked perfectly for me every time.
My only feature request would be to include an markdown preview mode for markdown files (or at least give things like heading/bold/italics different styles while editing). This goes for the Mac app as well, since I use that more than this mobile version. Syncing between both also works perfectly.
Looks good, great concept, but constant crashes
I want to like Keep It because it would be very helpful for keeping all of my data, links, notes, etc organized. However, every time I try to add a file (a pdf from safari) the app crashes and the file is not saved. This has also happened several times when trying to add a web page (not for offline viewing) but I was eventually able to get it to work. I am also concerned about what happens to my data if my subscription is accidentally cancelled (issue with my card on file with iTunes which happens often for some reason) or if I decide to try a different app/service. Will there be a way to export my data from Keep It or will it just be lost? In the end, it seems like a simplified version of DEVONThink. I am looking for an alternative because lately I’ve had issues with DEVONthinks sync stores (tells me I entered the incorrect encryption key, but I have checked multiple times and there is zero chance I am entering the incorrect key). DEVONThink has a ton more “features” than Keep It, but many of them are overkill for my use case. I just want to have one place to organize all of my documents, files, notes, websites, etc that allows me to easily find what I need regardless of which device I am using. If Keep It can fix the crash issues I will give it a shot. Until then, the search continues.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you are having problems. I cannot seem to recreate the issue with the PDFs or saving web links, and I can’t see any relevant reports for v1.2.4 yet, so if you’re still having an issue, please send a support request from within the app: tap the gear icon above the Lists view, tap the Help button in the lower right, tap Get In Touch and tap Report a Problem.
Nothing will happen to your data if your subscription fails to renew, and provided the app is still installed you can continue to access all your files in the Files app, and import that data into other apps, provided they can import from the Files app. If you use the Mac version, Keep It stores everything in files and folders in the Finder, and you can export a copy of everything using the File > Export All Items menu item (or using the Export Files button in the Subscription panel, if your subscription has expired).
This one checks all the boxes for me. I wanted a nice, non-Evernote Evernote. Love that this doesn’t focus on markdown (though it’s an option) and I can save almost any kind of file I would ever want to. It’s like Apple Notes on overdrive in a way.
Feature request: It would be cool to have a dedicated document scanner built in. Not only would those be nicely formatted documents but usually the result is lower file size versus me just taking a picture of a document myself.
Keep It Up! 😁Great application.
- Steve Harris
- 38.6 MB
Requires iOS 13.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2020 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It Mobile $9.99
- Keep It Mobile $1.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.