Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again.
Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud.
Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved for offline viewing as PDFs or web archives
• Rich and plain text files
• Markdown documents, with preview and syntax highlighting in a choice of styles
• Add highlights and notes to PDF documents
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view to browse items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Encrypt files with a password
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Text recognition for scanned documents and images
• Choose suggestions to create complex searches with ease
• Save searches for later reuse
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
• Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
• Copy clickable links to items and lists in Keep It
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
• Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
• Automate tasks with AppleScript, Automator or Shortcuts
Keep It can be used with a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app. A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following a free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed a performance issue when importing a large number of files.
- Fixed an issue where progress for long iCloud saves could be reported incorrectly if thumbnail generation is involved.
- Fixed an issue where the default font could be lost when inserting a list or table in an empty note or rich text document.
- Fixed an issue in Edit Note Styles sheet where it would be possible to deselect all styles and continue editing a non-existent style.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally, a "bucket" app I like!
I’ve been searching far and wide for a good “bucket” application into which I can throw web pages, articles, notes, screenshots, audio clips, whatever! And it’s remarkable how many such applications exist, but in fairly incomplete or unsatisfactory ways: they’re quite often ugly (a minor point, but important if you’re using Mojave’s Dark Mode), over-complicated, mobile-unfriendly, and/or use proprietary sync solutions that may incur their own subscription rates. Keep It addresses all of these matters handily and the price is reasonable.
More feature-full alternatives exist, but for my purposes, Keep It is absolutely outstanding. At the time of writing, the subscription for both mobile and desktop adds up to $30 per year, and that’s less than the up-front cost of most other “buckets” I’ve evaluated. Longitudinally, you might save a few bucks by buying a non-subscription application once and not getting any major upgrades over several years, but I’m happy to pay what this app is worth on an annual basis so long as it continues to serve me well.
To be fair, I’ve not been using Keep It long, so I will be curious to see how it performs over time. I’ll plan to update my review in six months or so. Barring any major issues until then, I’m confident that I made the right choice.
I am not sure why Apple keep deleting my review of this App. This is by far my most used App on my Macs and iOS devices. It checks all the boxes for what a useful, reliable, and trsutworthy App should be. I have been using it since version 1, and has only minor problem with it before the switch from iCloud Drive Sync to CloudKit. I can clip or save PDFs of webages (as a sigke page PDF) anything on the web, send anuthing from any other sources via the Share extension, drag and drop any fille to save and organise (and view its contents no matter what file type), write notes and embed images and files in them, and make to do lists. I can copy a link to a note and past at to a task in Apple Reminders) and so on. Organzing is a snap with nested folders and tags. I have not lost a single bit of data after years of use. If you don't have it yet, you should get it. Those who complain about having to pay for software should try working for free. The user interface can use some updating, but other than that it is perfect.
Here is WHY this is EXQUISITE
In the 80's Sharp made a PDA called the ZAURUS. It had a graphical folder file allegory and you could drag anything to MULTIPLE folders. This simple and elegant system has been missing - until KEEPIT. Assume you have a note or a video (yes you can add video or any file) and you want that in a "FOLDER" (They call them BUNDLES) called PROJECTS, but ALSO you want the SAME info in a "folder" called URGENT and ALSO in one called KEY CUSTOMERS. With this program the one entry can be dragged to each or infinate Bundles and removed from any without affecting the rest. This is HOW people manage. I have a report and I need to discuss it with 4 people. I have PEOPLE FOLDERS and drag this report to all 4. As I discuss with each, I make notes for THAT discussion, and can then delete the report from that person's "discuss" folder. This program is fast, accurate and well desigjned. 10 Thumbs up for a program that deals with complex issues very simply. No curve to up time. It's just there and you get it intuitively.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steve Harris
- 22.2 MB
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2022 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It for Mac $2.49
- Start Free Trial $0.00
- Keep It for Mac $2.49
- Keep It for Mac $19.99
- Keep It for Mac $19.99
- Buy Keep It v1 for Mac $59.99
- Start Free Trial $0.00
- Upgrade from Together 3 $29.99
- Upgrade to Keep It 2.x $29.99
- Buy Keep It v2 for Mac $59.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.