Are you a musician who wants to improve your playing? Metronomes are a great way to work on your speed, timing, and accuracy, no matter what instrument you play!
Keep Time is a free, fully functioning metronome with a strong visual component.
- Adjustable speed using touch gestures. You can tap the screen to synchronize it with your tempo.
- 4 different metronome sounds
- 7 different color choices for the visualizer and interface, including a "rainbow" option
- Sub-division options such as: 8th notes, 16th notes, triplets, and shuffles
- Visualizer configurable to display 2-8 beats per measure
- Advanced features such as Auto Adjust and Simulate Human Rhythm available via In-App purchase
- Support for iPad multitasking
- Remote tempo adjustment using Apple Watch
Keep Time is operated by using the menu at the bottom of the screen. Start and pause the metronome by using the "Play" button on the far left. Use the "Settings" menu to change the speed, sounds, and colors. Push the "Visualizer" button to remove the settings menu overlay. Finally, the "More" button provides technical information and links to the entire Okunarium Labs catalog.
- Now optimized for iOS 13 and iPadOS
- Added a lock button to enable/disable using touch gestures to adjust metronome tempo
- Increased size of the BPM text on the main view to improve its readability
- Fixed minor display bug in the color selector view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Visual Metronome
I love this metronome for silently keeping time. I would give the app 5 stars if the number of colors in the rainbow mode matched the number of beats per measure so that the first beat was always a designated color. I’m able to keep time to the color change while reading music, but I have difficulty noting the position of the color bands while reading music.
Nice but lacks basic steady rhythm.
It's a very simple to use app with nice features. Nothing fancy, just exactly what you need. Swing beat, increasing or decreasing tempo are nice and humanize feature is cool. But there seem to be a bug so even if I put humanize to off, the metronome doesn't play a straight rhythm. It's still usable but really annoying. If that was fixed I'd put a 5 star rating.
Great but for a couple of flaws
Would be great but for one giant flaw. While the app is running, if you accidentally swipe across the screen, for example when moving the phone, it changes the BPM to match what it thinks you tapped, with random results. I have several times started recording something and then noticed that the app's tempo was way off from what I had set. This could be easily fixed by adding a 'lock tempo' option but right now there's now way to lock in the BPM. This happens to me pretty much whenever I use the app. Also a minor flaw: the font used to tell you what BPM it's been set to is very very small. But this is the one piece of information a user will need to see without having to get up close to the phone!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. Both of your suggestions are addressed in the next version. It will be available soon.
- Justin Okun
- 9.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Okunarium Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.