Are you a musician who wants to improve your playing? Metronomes are a great way to work on your speed, timing, and accuracy, no matter what instrument you play!
Keep Time is a free, fully functioning metronome with a strong visual component.
- Adjustable speed using touch gestures. You can tap the screen to synchronize it with your tempo.
- 4 different metronome sounds
- 7 different color choices for the visualizer and interface, including a "rainbow" option
- Sub-division options such as: 8th notes, 16th notes, triplets, and shuffles
- Visualizer configurable to display 2-8 beats per measure
- Advanced features such as Auto Adjust and Simulate Human Rhythm available via In-App purchase
- Support for iPad multitasking
- Remote tempo adjustment using Apple Watch
Keep Time is operated by using the menu at the bottom of the screen. Start and pause the metronome by using the "Play" button on the far left. Use the "Settings" menu to change the speed, sounds, and colors. Push the "Visualizer" button to remove the settings menu overlay. Finally, the "More" button provides technical information and links to the entire Okunarium Labs catalog.
- Reworked audio code to address rare issue causing some devices not to play audio
- Apple Watch app can now pause and resume ticking with long press gestures to Tap to Time area
- Fixed some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Except for one little request... Can you add a "silent" sound for the beat (for when I forget to mute phone?) This app is awesome for psychoeducational testing when counting seconds must be precise. I can see the colors out of the corner of my eye. Perfect! Best visual metronome out there. Thanks!
Nice but lacks basic steady rhythm.
It's a very simple to use app with nice features. Nothing fancy, just exactly what you need. Swing beat, increasing or decreasing tempo are nice and humanize feature is cool. But there seem to be a bug so even if I put humanize to off, the metronome doesn't play a straight rhythm. It's still usable but really annoying. If that was fixed I'd put a 5 star rating.
Easy to use!
Simple and straightforward. I love how easy the user interface makes it to change the tempo, sound, and visuals. I like that I can use colors to keep time as well as the ticking beat. Highly recommend!
- Justin Okun
- 24.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Okunarium Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.